“I do like to be beside the seaside”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Padstow
The Seafood Restaurant Accommodation
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Padstow
Reviewed January 8, 2013

This place and the way its run is exactly what you'd expect from Rick Stein, friendly, warm, helpful and attentive. We booked into this hotel, room 9, but sadly had to move once the extractor fans from the restaurant below were switched on, add to that a rather boistrous family in the room above. We were moved to St.Edmonds which I'll review seperately. We dined in the restaurant and it was outstanding in every way, great service, tasty food and delicious wine, we loved every moment.

Room Tip: The rooms above the restaurant are noisy but I'm assured by the receptionist that all guests are...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank caribbeanskipper

Reviewed December 20, 2012

Ate here for the first time, it had been a long wait and was very excited, It did not disappoint. Great menu of fabulous sea food, hard to choose. My friend had the mixed seafood platter with chillie and garlic oil, this was THE dish of the night, uncomplicated but so delicious and a great selection of sea food, at £26 it is pricey but we thought worth the money for the quality and quantity of seafood. In fact did not really need a main after this one. I had clams a la placha, delicious too. Mains were sole meunier a real treat, so well cooked, and brill with truffle and mushroom, also delicious. Too full for puds. Great place.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

Love this restaurant to eat at- fantastic food and great staff- only problem is what to choose from the menu!!!
Stayed at st Edmunds on a winter break deal and fantastic. And the chambermaid was lovely - our room was always beautifully clean.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

Went to the seafood restaurant tonight and must say food was amazing. Service was very good out a glass down and it was swiped away before you could blink. Complimentary bread and sample starter were yummy. Would recommend a trip here but be prepared its not cheap

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank Cassie P
Reviewed November 18, 2012

We were so excited about our visit to the restaurant. We were not disappointed, the food was delicious the service great. It was a really memorable night for a special celebration. Will definitely be back and I don't think we will wait for a special event.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kingswoodtrekker
Reviewed October 25, 2012

This is the second time we have stayed on one of the out of season 2 night dinner and breakfast package deals which I highly recommend. Rather than being restricted to a set menu as I expected, you can have anything from the al la Carte, you only pay extra for side dishes and drinks. All the food is full of flavour and beautifully presented and the breakfasts are lovely with a wide variety of dishes on offer. In the package you get to eat in two of Rick's restaurants, make sure the Seafood Restaurant is one of them. The Cafe is great too and serves restaurant rather than cafe food, it's just a more casual atmosphere. Bistro has a more limited menu but is still nice.

Everything is well organised with your tables reserved at the time of booking. The rooms are comfortable, cosy and modern with tasteful furnishings and beautiful bathrooms. Some are more spacious than others and some have better views, but all are of a very good standard. Of the rooms I've seen I'd recommend the Almora which is big and luxurious but apparently you do get a bit of noise from the kitchen fans.

Dogs are welcome which is always a plus and there are no silly rules about not leaving your dog alone in the room (so long as it doesn't cause any damage). The staff are highly professional and at the same time friendly and welcoming. Great walks along the estuary on dog friendly beaches.

Will definitely be going back.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank mikes_bird
Reviewed October 22, 2012

At least once a year, my wife and I get down to Padstow, and we ALWAYS book in for a meal at the Seafood Restaurant. The staff are warm friendly and adaptable. By adaptable, I mean they taylor the service to you. If you are stuffy, you will get the cold, silver service approach, but if you are relaxed and smiley, you will recieve a relaxed and smiley service - something for everyone! The food is usually excellent (usually, I'll mention that later), with a frequently changing menu. The taster menu's are my particular favourite, providing a varied and interesting experience at a reasonable price. Wines are very good, with some excellent choices at the lower end of the price scale.
We did stay at St Edmunds House a few years ago, which while rather pricey was a very enjoyable experience, especially for a special occasion.
So is it perfect? Well not quite! My personal favourite seafood are mussels, and on 3 of the 4 visits that I have eaten the mussels I have been violently ill. I'm pretty sure from the symptoms and the onset time that I know what the bug was, and its a pitfall of eating locally sourced lightly cooked mussels rather than those pasturised tasteless Chilean varieties. Also, on one visit, I had seafood chowder, which was nothing more than hot milk with a prawn in it. A few ingredients got forgotten I think!
So as the title says, I Love This Place, I will be back next year, but I have given up on the mussels!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank esp_goole
Also consider these accommodations in or near Padstow
0 mi away
The St Enodoc Hotel
The Scarlet Hotel
The Scarlet Hotel
#1 of 3 in Mawgan Porth

Been to The Seafood Restaurant Accommodation? Share your experiences!