“Fine Food and Great Value”

The Old Ship Hotel Restaurant
Ranked #49 of 91 Restaurants in Padstow
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We went here on our final night out in Padstow. The pub is very welcoming with a very big seating area outside. The staff were very friendly and efficient from the outset. My wife had the Salt and Pepper Squid to start and I had the chicken goujons. These were very good.

The main courses were crispy belly pork and the lamb steak. The belly pork was lovely and the crackling was perfect. The lamb was delicious and the minted pea and potato cake complimented it very well.

This was a great end to our visit in Padstow and The Old Ship Hotel is bright and airy with a real friendly atmosphere and the quality of food was very good whilst being excellent value for money.

Well worth a visit.

There are newer reviews for The Old Ship Hotel Restaurant

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Tucked away behind the Clipper Restaurant this is a great pub. Good range of beers, nice wines and, inside, a bright & airy restaurant. A friend has stayed and reports that it is very good. Friendly staff, covered seating out front. Very good.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

This place was recommended to us by a friend. The appearance from the outside would not have drawn us in at all. Once inside the doubt lifted and it looked much more promising. Pleasant attentive staff and great food. I have read some of the other reviews and they mention over priced food. I don't think it was over priced, I think it was about right for Padstow. We paid similar amounts at other places for mediocre food. The food here is really good. I had the steak, which was cooked to perfection and melted in the mouth. My wife had skate wing and that was lovely too. I can recommend this place as one of my top two places to eat in Padstow.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

I've eaten here before, on the first occasion I had prawn linguine and had to shell the prawns myself which I really didn't like, but the second time round I had a much better meal, though I can't recall what it was now, I just remember The Old Ship Inn redeeming itself. This time I ordered a special of Monkfish curry with basmati rice and a popadom. It was delicious!! I was expecting a few flakes of fish (I don't normally like fish, but I know I like monkfish as I've tried it before, so don't get confused, if anyone reads my other review of Rojano's) but I got 2 huge chunks of fish on the bone! The curry was just on the right side of hot and the rice was perfectly cooked. I was very impressed for £16. It was served relatively quick and the serving staff were friendly and efficient. And to top it off they had Thatchers Gold on tap :D I was hoping they might have some live music on like previously but no such luck this time. I would definitely recommend this place.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

We ate at the Ship a couple of times as it was the only pub that served food after 3pm in Padstow !

The food was okay , the service okay ..... but thats about it ...

In a place where there are so many very good eating establishments (The London Inn round the corner for instance) this was just average.

If this was surrounded by the usual pub suspects then I imagine I would rate higher but bearing in mind the establishments within a 5 minute walk it left me feeling a bit meh ....

2  Thank Darren M