“One of the better pubs in Padstow”
Review of Shipwrights

Shipwrights
Ranked #22 of 92 Restaurants in Padstow
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We visit Padstow often and have found this pub to be one of the better ones on the harbour. It serves good food in three eating areas, one on the ground floor, one upstairs and the other outside at the rear. Also you can sit at tables at the front so there is lots of choice even when they are busy. The service is usually quite quick and the food is good value. It has a great atmosphere with a buzz about it, and the fact it is usually busy is a good indication that other people agree.

Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

Me and my family came here for lunch never again! The staff were lazy all stood around talking in the corner didn't look like they were bothered when they made us wait 10 minutes to be asked if we could be helped would of been nice. Food was average. Won't be returning!

Reviewed September 13, 2012

Came in because it was right by the harbour and the menu looked good. It's basic pub food but reasonably priced.

We went through to the back garden as the bar was full (good sign!) where there are bench tables and umbrellas/heat lamps. Outside could do with a sprucing up but it does the job.

My parents and boyfriend ordered fish and chips and I had chicken pasta - food came quickly and you get a lot for your money. My boyfriend's piece of fish was all skin and bone with horrible batter so I took it up to ask for a new meal. The staff were so apologetic, and gave us a full refund on his meal and offered us after dinner coffee on the house. The replacement meal came quickly and was perfect!

I would highly recommend this pub because the food is good, vfm is great and the staff are brilliant. Would definitely go back!

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Over 35 years of holidays in Padstow; this restaurant had been a staple for us every year for the last 20 at least. Great value, wonderful service and excellent food. Staff always very friendly and welcoming....a home from home.

Our most recent visit included a beautiful burger - real quality, a full rack of ribs - first class, fish & chips - excellent and a pasta dish which was very good also......cannot fault the Shipwrights Inn....consistent performer over the years and always a pleasure......please don't ever change!

Reviewed August 19, 2012

The view from some tables upstairs overlook the harbour.

The menu is pretty much pub style as you would expect.
I had a burger at arounf £8.95, which was quite good. My son had similar and that was good too.
My youngest who can be quite fussy had the Scampi, this was a good size portion and he was happy too. The fries were fast food style. And the salad that was with the burgers had a dressing on them, which a son did not like.
All food and drink had to be ordered at the bar downstairs.

I have only given an average rating because;
1) The staff did not appear to put themself out at all. The barman took my order for food and drinks, served the drinks and wandered off. Not stating we had to collect cutlery and sauces from a stand downstairs. As i discovered having gone back upstairs carrying my drinks.
2) The table we sat at had not been cleaned just dishes collected, no excuse because the staff were all chatting down by the kitchen. And when our food was served, it did not cross the staff members mind either.

All in all average.