Wingfield House
Treglos Hotel(Constantine Bay)(Great Value!)
$153
St. Moritz Hotel(Wadebridge)
$144
$140
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I stayed for 4 nights, and I was very pleased to find such a lovely place in Padstow for only £35/night! The owner Rosemary was very helpful and friendly with lots of local knowledge and cooked me a slap up breakfast every morning, with a nice big pot of tea all to myself :) The view from my room was second to none: I could see all the way up the estuary right down to Rock, from a massive single-paned window. The room itself was small (shall we say cozy - I had the single room) but well equipped and the bed was nice and comfy. I shared the bathroom with another couple, but we didn't get in each others way, so it wasn't an issue. The bathroom was well equipped and everything was nice and clean. The Other reviewers have commented that they felt like they were intruding in someone else's house, I didn't feel this way, I felt that I was able to come and go as I pleased without issue, and eating breakfast in the morning didn't feel uncomfortable. The breakfast service was lovely too, traditional Cornish blue crockery :) The location was about 10-15 minute walk out of Padstow's centre, which for me was absolutely fine, but for others of lesser physical ability I would warn you that you have to walk up quite a hill to get to the house (but hey, that's how you get such amazing views!). The house is off a track so there's no passing vehicles and no streetlights, so there's no noise or light pollution, and it's so peaceful. It was just bliss.
I would most definitely recommend Wingfield House to friends, and will keep the details for future trips :)

Room Tip: The double and single rooms are on the front, so they have wonderful views. All rooms have a TV, wifi access and tea making facilities.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank LauraFlora1984
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Really good value accommodation option (particularly for the single traveller) just a short 10 minute stroll from town/harbour area. Rosemary is a very welcoming host, from leaving fresh milk out for your nightly cuppa to serving up a generous and delicious cooked morning breakfast. The single room was more than adequate, with comfortable bed, hang-up wardrobe storage, tea/coffee making facilities, TV etc, with beautiful views spanning across the Camel estuary.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Had an excellent stay in this welcoming and relaxing house with a ver friendly and helpful landlady, Rosemary. The room was clean and the beds very comfortable. The house is an easy walk from Padstow centre and is very close to the start of the Camel trail cycle path. Good views over the water from the front of the house. Really excellent breakfast, too! I will return!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 19, 2013

A short walk from Padstow. On site parking which is essential in Padstow. Rosemary found a tarpaulin for our bicycles when we weren't cycling the Camel Trail. Excellent breakfasts. Rosemary is an encyclopaedia of Padstow and around!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank wilbobp
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Wing field house is a great bnb just a short walk padstow. We stayed in the twin room at the rear of the house, it doesn't have the wonderfull views of the front two rooms, but this didn't matter at all. We had the exclusive use of the very clean and modern shower room next to the room,the beds are really comfortable and the room was spotless. Rosemary is a great lady very friendly and easy going.the breakfast is really good,nice bacon cooked how you like it,and fab scrambled eggs.the coffee is really good to. Can't recommend it highly enough,very good value for the area.cheers rosemary.
Best regards Lee and Lauren Gripton

Room Tip: All the rooms are good. If you need a view ask to stay at the front Simples!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family