“Told to keep the noise down in a pub ”
Review of The London Inn

The London Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Nightlife in Padstow
More attraction details
Owner description: The London inn has been an inn since 1803 ,originaly 3 fishermans cottages .Offering the largest selection of ales in padstow .we have 3 rooms for bed and breakfast .we hold the excellence of serving cask ale award .serving good food in our wheel house restuarant and bar meals .Proper ale! Proper Food! Proper Job !
Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

Being told to keep our noise down in a pub I remember this place as a good old hearty cornish pub in padstow town with atmosphere and excellent staff well there's certainly not that anymore ! Its a shame really ! Changed hands by the looks of things ! Not like it use to be I'm afraid ! Certainly won't be returning

7  Thank rabeto
thelondoninn, Owner at The London Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Thank you for your comments which we appreciate. The London Inn is still a good old hearty pub for the enjoyment of all our most welcomed customers. However this is a family pub which welcomes children of all ages, the language and noise being used on this occasion was inappropriate to other customers.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

We loved the ambiance here and they served a great pint, one of the best we tried in Padstow... and we tried a few!

Reviewed September 18, 2013

For over twenty years I have called in here for a very nice pint to get away from the crowds in Padstow.it used to be a haven but they have installed a TV in the bar which was showing MTV.what a shame.

1  Thank Michael W
thelondoninn, Owner at The London Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2013

hi thankyou for your comment . There has been a tv installed in this pub for around 16 years now has not just been put in . mtv would not have been playing as we do not have sky . But I expect another music channel was .Which I don't really agree playing we normally have background music and I tell the staff not to put on the music channels obviously I was not there that day if I was the tv would not have been on !

regards tim tutton (landlord)

Reviewed August 24, 2013

The London Inn is popular with locals and tourists alike where, in the two small front bars, the emphasis is very much on drinking the excellently kept St Austell ales (I have not tasted these better anywhere). There is a restaurant area in the back third bar, which too is mainly oak panelled and furnished.
Although the atmosphere is superb, the bar staff often forsake anyone waiting for drinks in favour of those eating the overpriced food.
It is not uncommon to wait ten minutes for a drink even when it is not especially busy. Best to go when they are not serving food, when the bar service is as good as the beer.

2  Thank Garry H