“Get a Proper manager!”

Rojano's In The Square
Ranked #11 of 87 Restaurants in Padstow
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Rojano's is a Padstow institution with over 30 years of heritage. Now under the ownership of Derek Mapp and Paul Ainsworth, we serve the best of Italian-influenced cuisine at affordable prices.
Truro, United Kingdom
“Get a Proper manager!”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

By far the best Italian meal that my wife and I have eaten since the opening of Jamie Oliver's in Bath, we booked an early table for dinner with our two children 8 and 10. On arrival we were not welcomed by the waitress /hostess? We were taken to a table downstairs and seated, as soon as we had sat down we were given menus and then we were abandoned for 20 minutes, I finally flagged someone down so that we could order drinks and get some crayons for my daughter, it took on whole 25 minutes to finally get going with our meal, plus we only had 2 hours on the table as it was booked out at 7pm which i was totally comfortable with. The waiting staff were not well informed or skilled in table service and there lack of attention stuck out like a blind cobblers thumb. The food was excellent as I had expected it to be especially having Mr Ainsworth name attached. However the service was no better than you would get at Smokey Joe's Cafe, This was a let down as it cost me over £100's for a casual dinner. There was no managerial presence in the restaurant, maybe this is something that needs to be addressed! An overall shame as I am an avid fan of Paul's cookery and passion for the industry, and it is a place where I can take my whole family.

Witney
“Great food, superb ambience.”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We had such a lovely lunch here we drove 20 miles out of our way to return!
The food was excellent, with really good choices. Everything looked clean and fresh, and it was a great atmosphere. The staff were all extremely friendly & helpful too.
The pizza was the best I have eaten outside Italy!!!
I wish we had something like it around here. :0)

Warrington, United Kingdom
“early dining with our dog”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

although dogs are not allowed in the restaurant, the staff at Rojano's were very helpful in advising us to dine early and sit on the outside terrace with our dog. although a very small area it was really comfortable and good for watching people stroll by.
we had Whitebait and mushroom soup both really delicious as starters with a chicken pasta dish and smoked chortizo food was great reasonably priced and staff really helpful.

we would recommend a visit if your in the area.

Oxford, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

After the rave reviews on Trip Advisor and the restaurant stating it caters for gluten-free diners, I had high expectations. I found the gluten-fre choice limited and there was nothing special-as far I'm aware they do not make gluten-free bread or pizza. I regretted not studying the menu as that most probably would have meant a return to one of the Rick Stein establishments.
I do agree regards the setting-it's a beautifully designed restaurant.....

Cardiff
“What a great lunch !!”
Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

Our first stop in Padstow was in this very attractive place. Sat outside in the sun and enjoyed charcuterie platter, spaghetti and a few good drinks. Will soon be back.

Visited June 2013