“A wonderful sojourn”
Review of Treverbyn House

Treverbyn House
Ranked #1 of 55 Padstow B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 19, 2014

You will be given a very warm welcome from Gary to this beautiful Edwardian house. All rented rooms are of excellent standard with ample seating area. One room (Turret room) is more of a suite with its own designated seating area. All rooms have lovely views over the estuary. Bathrooms are spacious with their own windows and beautifully appointed. Complimentary sherry and biscuits are provided every day. Breakfasts are wonderful: fresh fruit salad, juice, yoghurt, cereals and cooked to order. Book early- this place will be highly prized. Anything missing? For me robes and slippers would have been the icing on the cake.

Room Tip: All are excellent
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 2, 2014

We wanted a short relaxed weekend . On arrival we were welcomed by Gary who showed us to the Turret room with beautiful views across to Rock and the Camel river estury. The rooms have been up graded with new showers . All was excellent with our room and we were made to feel at home .The beds are of good quality that sadly you do not find in to many hotels and that made for excellent sleep. Breakfast was as it always is at Treverbyn,brilliant! Gary likes to make sure everything is how you want and like.
We went out to evening meals into Padstow. There is a wide choice of places and in our room details of some of those can be found.
We had a great stay and were very sorry to leave. We just love Treverbyn

Room Tip: I think most if not all the main rooms have great views across the Camel but the Turret is a bit spe...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank heliman1998
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Been dropping down to Gary's Treverbyn House on our wedding anniversary for more years than I care to remember including the celebration of our ruby wedding as we could think of nowhere that we would rather be! It is unique - an Edwardian residence so evocative of the era yet underpinned by a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Gary has an attention to detail and continuous improvement so every visit raises the question of what he could possibly do to make it even better - but he does! We love all of his three glorious rooms - Turret, Yellow and Green - but have a preference for the Turret. As if the setting, accommodation and on site parking aren't enough just wait til you sample the award winning breakfasts cooked by the man himself. You must go there - but not too frequently as I find it difficult enough to book in myself as it is so popular. Roy Cook

Room Tip: All three are excellent but prefer Turret.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 29, 2014

I love Treverbyn House. I love the size of the rooms, and the height of the ceilings; I love the quality of the finish, and the attention to detail; I love the period furniture in the bedrooms, and the modern fixtures in the bathrooms; I love the freshly-ground coffee beans and cafetiere in the rooms along with the more-usual instant granules; I love the idea of leaving a small decanter of sherry to welcome guests; I love the quality of the mattresses, and of the bed-linen, and of the towels; I love the warmth of the welcome, and the taste of the breakfast; I love the views, and the proximity of the harbour. I *really* love Treverbyn House.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Myself and partner stayed back in August in the Turret room which was absolutely gorgeous. It has wonderful features, the staff are so friendly and welcoming. Gary is a fantastic host and really goes out of his way to ensure you have everything you need. The massive bonus is that you are able to park your car on his drive way which is a huge plus in Padstow and very rare. The views from the rooms are amazing and we were fortunate enough to be shown round all three rooms which were brilliant and I would be very excited to stay in any of them. We are returning again in April this year with the family and I cannot wait to show my family around and for them to experience what we did last year at such a superb B&B!

Room Tip: The Turret is a wonderful room!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2013

We stayed in the Yellow room which had fantastic views across the estuary. It is a beautiful room and really gorgeous house. It has so many lovely original features and it is clear to see how well kept it is. The bed was so comfortable and everything you could need in the room (iron, biscuits, sherry...!). The host is so welcoming & friendly, it is clear to see how much pride he takes in the house. The breakfast is amazing too! Will be coming back.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Aly55a
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We booked the green room at the front of the house. It had a wonderful view of the estuary, when the sea mist had gone. We stayed for four days. The room was spacious with a refurbished bathroom, very luxurious. The breakfast was delicious. The table was a communal one, and on our last day we chatted to an Australian and NZ couple. Very global. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mauriceSussex
Also consider these accommodations in or near Padstow
0 mi away
#10 of 55 in Padstow
Old Custom House Inn
Old Custom House Inn
#13 of 55 in Padstow

Been to Treverbyn House? Share your experiences!