“The perfect place to relax and explore Cornwall” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
St. Moritz Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Wadebridge
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“The perfect place to relax and explore Cornwall”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2010

I recently stayed at the St Moritz Hotel for a relaxing, pre-Christmas break. The staff were all so welcoming and helpful, the room was beautiful with possibly the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in (and brilliant showers!) and the breakfasts were fantastic! The St Moritz provided a luxurious base from which to explore the delights of Cornwall - it is a quiet retreat with gorgeous sea views, far enough away from the hustle and bustle of Cornwall's coastal towns but close enough to Padstow, Wadebridge, Newquay and Perranporth to easily get out and enjoy all the county has to offer. A highly recommended hotel, I can't wait to stay there again!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
Callington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2010

Stunning location, great food and good gym / spa facilities, but you must stay just to experience how comfortable the beds are.

Winchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2010

Have just got back from a three night stay and loved every minute! The hotel is in a great position- five minute walk from the beach and a short walk from the centre of Polzeath where there are a couple of nice pubs and a good restaurant.
The room was comfortable with everything you would expect froma good hotel- although next time i would be keen to pay a little extra to get a room with a sea view. The hotel staff were really friendly and the food very good- particularly the mussels on the bar menu which were delicious.
The leisure facilities were also very good- the pool always seemed to be empty when we went so was great for a relaxing swim. I was also impressed by the disabled access- the pool had a built in hoist and all facilities were well set up for the disabled traveller.
Would definitely stay here again and recommend to friends.

Totnes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2010

Having been unable to take a proper holiday this year we felt in need of a relaxing break. We booked six nights in a ground floor suite and were not disappointed. The suite was large, comfortable and very well equipped. The staff were friendly, efficient and helpful. We ate in the restaurant every night, the food and service were excellent. We enjoyed being able to watch the chefs taking so much trouble with presentation! We used the pool facilities several times and were impressed with the general cleanliness.
My wife booked a treatment in the Cowshed in advance and was lucky enough to be able to book more while we were there, however this was a fairly quiet time and you would be advised to book in advance at busier times as they get very busy - my wife says she is not surprised as she thoroughly enjoyed her sessions and particularly recommends the hot stone massage!
Overall a great success, a smart hotel without being pretentious. We certainly hope to return.

Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
kent
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2010

We have just returned from a short mid-week break at the St Moritz.This hotel is a lovely place to stay.We booked a first floor suite with alovely sea view.The suite was beautiful,great kitchen with all appliances,comfy lounge and great bedroom and bathroom,with cowshed products supplied.I had two treatments in the cowshed spa but would recommend booking before your arrival as it is very busy.The staff were all helpful with exception of some of the reception staff who came across as alittle bit snooty.We ate at the hotel and found the service and food first class.Don't think i would go in the summer months as should imagine it would be very busy but at this time of the year its great.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2010

We booked the St Moritz on the basis of the reviews we had read on Tripadvisor and we weren't disappointed. We took up the low season offer of three nights for the price of two and booked a standard room. On arrival we were warmly welcomed and shown around the hotel complex. It looks a bit bleak in the middle of winter and pouring rain but the surrounding area is beautiful and we were happy with our room, which was bigger that we had expected. No bath, but not really needed when you have access to a steam room, sauna and jacuzzi. And the bed was enormous and extraordinarily comfortable, which went down well with my 6ft 2 husband.

We had booked treatments at the spa a few weeks in advance - don't leave it to the day before you arrive as it gets busy. The girls working there were very friendly and helpful and it was a truely relaxing experience - unlike some spas I have been to before. We can also recommend the restaurant. A bit pricey for lunch but dinner was wonderful. Seasonal menu, very good service and they have a wide ranging wine list.

We had only one problem during our stay, arising as a result of a malfuctioning access alarm on the block that we stayed in - the alarm didn't stop all night! We were offered another room that night but having already unpacked and settled in we decided to stay put and wear earplugs! However, our complaint was followed up the next day by the hotel owner (Hugh) who was very apologetic and offered us a room upgrade for our remaining two nights. We took up the offer - there was nothing wrong with our standard room but we were curious, as we had toyed with booking a suite originally. All we would say is, if your budget stretches that far, go for the suite. You won't be disappointed!

Overall, a wonderful break. The service at the St Moritz really is good and we will definitely come back.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2010

I stayed at the St. Moritz on a getaway, taking advantage of a fantastic 3 for 2 deal on their website. I cannot say enough great things about it.

Everything was exceptionally turned out - Modern & clean rooms complete with board games for some downtime fun, great facilities - including pool and spa, and a good restaurant, but even that paled in comparison to what I would call the most spectacular customer service I have ever experienced. Everyone was warm and friendly, helpfully giving advice on directions, places to visit, etc.

However, their response to a unfortunate situation is what gives this hotel top marks in my book. On our last night, I found that a stuffed toy that had great sentimental value had gone missing. After searching the room high and low, we came to the conclusion that is must've been accidentally swept up as they changed the sheets. With so many rooms and so many bags of laundry, I was sure that it was lost. However, the hotel assured me they were on the case. At first, I was skeptical and I thought they were just trying to keep me from being too upset before I left, but as I talked to people around the hotel, it seemed that everyone was aware of the lost rabbit. I had to leave, but they had my contact information in case it turned up. Sure enough, in a few hours they called and they had found it! They went through every bag of laundry and checked every sheet in order to find it. Honestly, how many other places would have done the same??? I can assure you, not very many!!!

I am over the moon with St. Moritz. I would have recommended them even before the incident on our last day, but after that - I think everyone should be so lucky as to stay in such a wonderful hotel. Thank you, St. Moritz Staff! You went above and beyond!!!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wadebridge
The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay
The Carlyon Bay
#1 of 9 in St Austell
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,471 reviews
The Cornwall Hotel, Spa & Estate

Been to St. Moritz Hotel? Share your experiences!