“Beautiful art deco hotel!”
Review of St. Moritz Hotel

St. Moritz Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Wadebridge
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Stayed here for a long weekend and would have liked to stay longer. The staff were warm, friendly and helpful, with the appearance of people who really enjoyed what they were doing. On one evening, we ate in the restaurant, where the food was delicious, especially the fresh seafood, with stunning sauces. Breakfasts were also delightful, with a fresh fruit buffet table to choose from, as well as eggs every which way, kippers, etc.

We had a "cosy" room, which was perfectly adequate for a couple and enjoyed a pre-breakfast swim in the pool.

The exterior of the hotel is very attractive - Hercule Poirot would have stayed here, I think!

Room Tip: The cosy rooms are perfectly adequate for a couple, are on the ground floor, but have no view.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

Husband brought me here as a surprise for my birthday, and I have to say it's pretty spot on! Food in the restaurant was some of the best I've eaten, wonderful atmosphere, spa was brilliant with an amazing massage and the beautiful sea just 5 minutes walk. Room was definitely 'cosy', but we were on a romantic break so perfect for us! Can't wait to come back!

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 10, 2013

This was booked by my fiancee as a lovely surprise for my 30th Birthday. From the first welcome to the last goodbye i couldn't have faulted the service we received. The food and drink were lovely. Breakfast was all fresh and had everything from continental to full english. If you are looking for a stylish comfortable hotel for a special occasion then i would highly recommend St Moritz.

Room Tip: Leave plenty of room for Breakfast!
Reviewed November 6, 2013

This is our third visit to St. Moritz Hotel. The first time we stayed in the smallest rooms which are
on the back with no sea views but perfectly comfortable. We then treated ourselves to a suite
with balcony overlooking the sea which was spacious with kitchen area dining and lounge areas.
Separate large bedroom with ensuite bathroom.
We returned in November to the same suite. It was as good as ever. My wife enjoyed a massage
in the Spa while I had a swim. The meal in the restaurant was delicious and the staff in all
areas were very helpful & friendly.
The next day we had a meal in the bistro which overlooks the outdoor pool & the sea which was
equally good.
Lots of nice walks & beaches in the area & we never miss a trip to Rock & Padstow & Boscastle.
Worth every penny. Can't wait to return.

Room Tip: Suite 107 with large balcony & central to the hotel with great views
Reviewed November 5, 2013

We had a lovely week in a self catching apartment in St Moritz. The apartment was exceptionally comfortable and the staff friendly and helpful. The kids loved the facilities and we loved the location- great walks along the coast, lots of fabulous restaurants in Rock and Padstow.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 5, 2013

I treated my girlfriend to a weekend stay at St Moritz in early November 2013 on a recommendation from a friend. From check-in to checkout I was very impressed by the helpful and friendly attitude of all the staff at the hotel. I am notoriously difficult to please, but it was clear to me that the level of staff morale must be high, you just get the sense that they enjoy their job and this feeds through into the service they provide.

We stayed in one of the King rooms. No sea view, but I wasn't expecting this as it is clearly noted on the website. The room was a decent size, clean neat and tidy. The shower was excellent and very strong, just how I like it. My only gripe was that I found the bed uncomfortable, but my girlfriend found it very comfortable, so I guess that one is down to personal preference.

Had a few drinks on the Friday evening at the bar before dinner, a couple of well made bloody marys. Then onto dinner and wow the food in the restaurant was amazing! Great with the open kitchen, you can really see the attention to detail and pride the chefs take in their food before calling for service. We had lunch at Jamie Oliver's Fifteen on the Saturday, which was also very good, but I do have to say that the food at St Moritz was better. If I could have gotten away with licking the plates I would have done, consistently really tasty food on both nights. Breakfast was also superb.

Would I stay and eat here again? Yes, without a shadow of doubt.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at the St Moritz hotel in September for a weekend getaway. The rooms were spotlessly clean and beautifully decorated. The food was delicious, locally sourced and British inspired. The location is perfect to escape hectic day to day life. We took a walk along the coast and caught the ferry over to Padstow. The staff were all very helpful. I would recommend this hotel to everyone. Although rather on the pricey side it is worth the money.

Room Tip: We had a ground floor suite and it was amazing!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wadebridge
The St Enodoc Hotel
Metropole Hotel
Metropole Hotel
#4 of 8 in Padstow
The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay

Been to St. Moritz Hotel? Share your experiences!