“Lovely hotel with excellent service”
Review of St. Moritz Hotel

St. Moritz Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Wadebridge
Reviewed April 2, 2013

The staff were extremely helpful and the room was gorgeous with one of the most comfortable beds I've ever come across! Had really nice extra touches like fresh milk, hair straighteners and board games in the room. The breakfast was also delicious.Would definitely look to stay here again

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank kas2004

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Stayed at this hotel in November 2012 for one night, very nice and modern hotel, grounds great, beach close by walking distance, plenty parking.
Rooms clean, modern, bed very comfortable, staff were very friendly, helpful. I paid for the cosy room stay which was very good value for money, I would stay at this hotel again and would recommend this to family and friend.

The food in the restaurant, was excellent, service very quick, plenty of choice for us. We used the swimming pool, which was quiet whilst we were there, I would us the Spa next time round.

Nothing bad to say about the stay, really enjoyed it..

Room Tip: Choose a room that is not on the ground floor, near the entrance doors.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank leeson45
Reviewed March 26, 2013

recently stayed here for a night of food and drink as was not dissapointed, the beds are the softest thread count linen almost silk, with a 4inch succulent topper it has made me upgrade my bed, the 5 course taster was cooked well, i was unaware of the menu, im not a big fish eater so wasnt loving the sole and mackerel but did eat the majority of it and other courses (i was slightly tipsy) also the staff were so friendly would recommend to anyone !!!!

Room Tip: not many have sea views if you want that
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 23, 2013

My wife and I stayed hear a week ago and it was lovely great room great food and the spa was well worth a visit. The only complaint was the room was not ready until 4.15pm so when we went to the spa we had no gown and after the spa we had no room to go to, it was a Sunday and the hotel was not full so I thought they could of got the rooms ready that were being used next but they did not.

Room Tip: any sea view
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ljtaylor1
Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for one night on a travel zoo offer. I would stay again on this deal but would not pay full price to stay here. The hotel is very disjointed. Good points: the staff are brilliant and can not do enough for you!! A special thank you to Britt who was very accommodating and made our stay extra special with the lift down to rock and was probably the best guest host we have used to date. Nothing was too much trouble and extremely pleasant just like the rest of the staff. The restaurant food was sourced from local produce and the taster menu was fantastic! It topped the one we had at jamie olivers fifteen. The breakfast was also very good and again great service from the restaurant staff. We used the Cowshed spa and had a massage which was one of the best we had ever had and the products were lovely!
Bad points: the design of the hotel is not good. The main accomodation building resembles a travelodge from the entrance and considering the lovely location of the hotel they really have not thought it out!!! The bar and restaurant area looks out on to a car park which is a real shame when you have such amazing views on the other side of the main accommodation building. We had a cosy room which my husband was warned before we arrived that this is small but I felt very claustrophobic in it! The decor was lovely and it was very clean but had the awful travelodge style window looking onto car park and the bed was so small that I never slept as I kept falling off the edge!! There was nowhere to sit and the tea tray is in the wardrobe and struggled to find a place to put kettle! I would highly reccomend the spa for a treatment but not for a spa day as it has no relaxation area and is very small and attached to the main reception area!!! We wanted to sit somewhere with a bottle of champagne in the afternoon and as there was nowhere to sit inside we decided to look outside but still nowhere to go!! All chairs were stacked up outside on a licely day and we found that if you don't have a suite you are very limited. All in all we had a nice stay helped by the great food and staff but would not use this hotel unless we had a sea view suite apartment as i felt very trapped in our room.

• Stayed: March 2013
3  Thank Yvette7
Reviewed March 20, 2013

The St Moritz Hotel provided us with nearly everything we were looking for during this weekend stay, ie, comfortable rooms, good location, tasty meals, friendly staff, at a reasonable price. We found an offer on Travelzoo which encouraged us to take a weekend break at a time we wouldn't normally have considered it. We really like the Rock area and the reviews of the St Moritz Hotel sounded promising (we have previously stayed at the St Enodoc but it couldn't compete price wise with this offer). Check-in was efficient and smooth. We arrived by leaving the car in Rock and walking across the beach and up the coastal path to the hotel. We had already upgraded to King Size rooms, realising that the 'cosy' rooms were probably a little too cosy for our tastes. The reception area was relaxed and inviting with battered old leather armchairs scattered around the modern setting. Our room was more or less as expected, not large but not tiny. Probably if we were paying the normal rates I would have been rather disappointed but at this price I can't complain. Not the sort of room you could spend loads of time in though. Such a shame that the weather wasn't good enough for us to use the charming beach hut which is allocated to the room. The bar area was nice enough and the bar staff were exceptionally helpful and accommodating. This was the case in the afternoon and also in the evening. The hot chocolate was just what we wanted after our bracing (March) walk. Although I didn't use it, the swimming pool looked inviting. The sauna and steam room did the job and were better than many we had visited in Germany. However, the changing rooms, whilst not exactly dirty exactly, were not exactly clean either. They should be checked more frequently. Part of the deal was the 5 course tasting menu and this was very good for the price: creamy onion soup, cauliflower risotto, skate, chicken, chocolate tart. Again, probably not dishes I would personally have selected if I went out for a meal but unusual and tasty. Not too small (I am deeply suspicious of tasting menus) and not too big. The size of our group meant that we didn't take much notice of the restaurant ambiance as we were providing our own but I think it had been decorated with a 'sea side' theme in mind. Checkout the next day was easy and efficient. We had a very enjoyable stay at this hotel and felt it was a fair quality v price ratio. The staff at this hotel are one of its main strengths. Had we been lucky enough to be upgraded to a sea view suite, that would have been the icing on the cake!

Room Tip: The King size rooms are what I would call normal size rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I was surprised to read some of the recent reviews, which perhaps need another review to balance them out. The hotel looks good, and is in a superb location. All of the staff were friendly, and as a previous reviewer said, it was a nice touch that someone from reception showed us to our room, and explained things in our room. I must also give special mention to Britt, who is the Guest Host at St. Moritz. She contacted me a week before our arrival to ask if she could make any arrangements/suggestions for our stay. On arrival, we met this friendly and bubbly person who instantly made us feel at home - exceptional service. We were also on the taster menu which we found excellent and filling!! Room was like new.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank RetiredCongresbury
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wadebridge
The St Enodoc Hotel
Metropole Hotel
#4 of 8 in Padstow
Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa
Sands Resort Hotel & Spa

Been to St. Moritz Hotel? Share your experiences!