“Fabulous!”

St. Moritz Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Wadebridge
“Fabulous!”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

We stayed for a weekend with friends in a windy rainy February and it was great. Really relaxing, the staff were excellent all weekend from the moment we arrived. The food was delicious and we particularly loved the bar and the friendly French waiter. I would thoroughly recommend this and can't wait to go back. Oo couple more things - had a treatment at the Cowshed spa, after which I felt thoroughly relaxed and although we didn't make use of if this time they have a hotel land rover that will drop you off and pick you up from other local pubs / places - brilliant idea.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank KatieLouie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
Wanborough
Reviewed February 14, 2013

This was an opportunity to completely relax and catch up with friends, and the St Moritz certainly made this possible. The place was clean, the staff were super friendly and very accommodating and every communal area was well put-together, contemporary but also comfortable. The food was delicious, and they had thought of everything - even providing wellies for older and younger guests just in case. Children were also genuinely welcomed, despite the disruption they cause!
A trip to the Cowshed is also well worth the visit. Again, very clean but without feeling clinical and the therapist who looked after me was brilliant.
Even though we were only away for a couple of nights, I felt like we'd been away for a week or more!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
London
Reviewed February 13, 2013

i went to this hotel with my (nearly) 2 year old daughter last weekend, and we loved it! i was in room 01A which was spacious, luxurious, and clean. they'd set up a bed for her, and my bed was enormous!! there was a little rubber duck for her on her bed, which doubled up as a great swimming toy for the numerous hours we spent in their lovely indoor pool over the weekend. we arrived late friday night, but were greeted by really friendly helpful staff, who showed us over to our room, and the staff at breakfast the next morning were really child-friendly and welcoming. in fact all the staff were really nice. there's a little playroom behind reception where she enjoyed exploring new toys! the beach hut that comes with the room became her little house and the bar had lovely comfy sofas for lunch and a drink. the kids teas were free for some reason, so that was a bonus, and there was none of the usual kids food junk! the gardens were great for kicking a ball around, and there is a coastal path which leads from the back of the hotel down to the cliffs which was a beautiful walk. can't fault it!

Room Tip: If you would like your very own beach hut, choose a room without a sea view, the beach huts are real...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Winchester
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We took advantage of a "Travelzoo" offer and as a previous reviewer has noted - what a bargain. The hotel staff are so friendly and welcoming. Our room was lovely and the large shower superb. I spent some time in the cosy seaside cafe and had the best hot chocolate I have ever tasted - complete with wonderful sea views. Our taster menu was fantastic, and our need for a gluten free meal was of no problem. GF bread and rolls were freely available. It definitely left us feeling we must return to sample a normal menu. There are so many lovely coastal walks to do from this hotel. My biggest regret was that I forgot to take my bathing suit, as the indoor pool looked very inviting and was included in the deal.

Room Tip: Wonderful views, so worth having a sea view room.
Torquay
Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a one night getaway, paid £99 for five course taster meal and b&b! What a bargain! Stayed in a cosy room.

Firstly I should point out that I am one of those that likes things perfect - on our arrival we were shown to our room which was probably the cleanest hotel rooms I've ever stayed in - if the managers are reading this your cleaners need to be rewarded! It really was inch perfect - I tried to find something they'd missed but really couldn't - well done! All the linen/towels etc were very clean and presented perfectly, even the toilet roll was folded in a stylish way!

My only critique of the room is the size of the tv - could be a bigger flat screen - yes I know you don't go to watch tv but if its there I want to see it, and the room itself is slightly small - if you like space in bed go for a king size as its just a double. Having said this its only an observation not a complaint as I genuinely liked the room.

Moving onto the food - all I can say is perfect! Absolutely delicious. The service was spot on by the waitresses - so polite, attentive, didn't have to wait too long or too short a time for each course - I was shown to my table promptly and they always checked to ensure everything was ok! Thumbs up to the waitresses and chefs! Breakfast again was great, the usual continental selection followed by a choice of cooked breakfasts! If I was to improve anything I would say the eating area is slightly squashed - it could do with more space between the tables and maybe a partition between the kitchen and restaurant as I thought it felt a little like a school canteen. Again this is only an observation and can not detract from the perfection of cooking!

The actual hotel itself appeared nice I didn't use the spa but hear its nice? My only gripe is the main entrance to the hotel - it has lots of children's wellies and toys - yuk!! Whilst I understand why they are there (and its a great idea) please put them out of sight - for families with kids great thought but for those of us who don't have kids we really don't want to pass through clutter like that on arrival - not a great first impression on our arrival! Like I say good idea but out of sight please?

Having said that please don't let if put you off? Will I recommend to a friend? Absolutely! Will I be going again? At that price most definitely!

Don't hesitate just book it! Fab!

• Stayed February 2013
Harpenden
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We have stayed at one of the villas many times, but stayed at the hotel for the first time this weekend. What a lovely place. The staff are so friendly and helpful and we really enjoyed having breakfast ( yum). We now need to find a reason to stay at the hotel again. What is so nice is the little touches, like fresh milk, games in the rooms, papers in the lounge, wells boots for the kids etc. etc

Taunton, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We always enjoy visiting this hotel whatever the weather and time of year.
The staff at every level are excellent welcoming you warmly and make you feel valued.
The rooms are as clean and fresh as the first time we visited when it was recently opened in 2008.
The food in both restaurants is great as is the service. Breakfast is served until 11am which is good if you like to lie in.
We made use of their Jeep service to take us to catch the ferry from Rock - saved having to drive and park the car and meant there were no worries about having a lunch time drink!
We were given a tour of the Hotel apartments which are superb and would be ideal for a family or couples to share. Perhaps for our next visit??
Weather was not ideal but the leisure facilities meant there was always sometihing to occupy us.

Room Tip: Suites cost a little more but they add so much to your stay as they have full kitchen facilities
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wadebridge
The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay
#1 of 9 in St Austell
Treglos Hotel
Treglos Hotel
#1 of 1 in Constantine Bay

Been to St. Moritz Hotel? Share your experiences!