“Needs a bit of an update”

Camel Creek Adventure Park
Ranked #2 of 21 things to do in Wadebridge
More attraction details
Owner description: Nestled in 111 acres of Cornish countryside, Cornwall's Camel Creek Adventure Park is a haven of family-friendly rides, giant play areas and animal encounters. The park is set for a big year in 2016 as it becomes Camel Creek (formerly known as Crealy)it's set to be its best year yet! Boasting thrill rides, 40,000 square feet of indoor play, 35 acres of outdoor play and hundreds of animals, the all-weather park was voted Best Family Attraction in Cornwall by the readers of Primary Times magazine.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
England
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Needs a bit of an update”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

We visited Crealy at half term in October and were disappointed. We have been to many family parks and this one did not live up to the high standard of others we've been to. The slides were worn and had deep scratches gorged into them making them quite uncomfortable to go down. The wooden bridges and walkways were crumbling and needed a repaint. The park had run out of pasties and the cafes only had the usual chips and burgers on offer. One cafe we visited had no toilet facilities which meant a trek to the nearest outdoor toilets. There were a lot of extras that were not included in the entry price such as trampolines and zorb balls and this extra charge was not clearly visible. You have to walk through the gift shop to enter and exit the park so we felt that the park was just trying to make as much money as possible without investing anything into the park itself. The kids enjoyed the raging rivers and the log flume but we wouldn't return just for that.

2 Thank Brunion
CrealyManager, General Manager at Camel Creek Adventure Park, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Dear Brunion
Thanks you posting and your valued feedback. I'm sorry you did not feel that the park lived up to your expectations during your visit in October Half Term. We do spend a lot of time and money maintaining the park each year and I'm sure you would see continual improvement in the park and facilities every year.
There are 40 rides & attractions included in your admission price and just 3 additional paid extras which are Bungee Trampolines, Water Walkerz (Balls) and Pony Rides. There are of course other coin operated attractions as is usual on any them park.
I have passed your comments regarding running out of stock to the catering team.

Hereford
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Great for all the family”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

We visited this park with our family with ages ranging from 2 to 15, as well as the adults. We all had a really enjoyable day with plenty to do for all the ages. It can be really difficult to find something to do that suits such a wide range of ages, but this seemed to fit the bill. We loved feeding the animals, brushing the ponies and the encounter with the milk snake was fun too. There were a variety of rides and although none of them were huge rides, they were still fun (the water rides were probably the most fun and we sensibly left those till last!!). The biggest hit seemed to be the slides, even with the grown ups!!
The train ride was great too. All in all, a really good day, great value for money as the tickets were £9.99 and we had £2 off per person so it worked out really well.
We'd definitely visit again

1 Thank crg82
Dear crg82
Many thanks for you post, I'm glad you had a lovely day. I hope to see you again on the park soon :)
Plymouth, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Crealy revisted.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

A couple of years ago the Kernowminer visited and berated the place over cleanliness. Well let me tell you Ladies and Gentlemen, I visited the place again today and it's obvious that a lot of time and money has been invested in the place. Imaculate, spotless, the Queen herself would be happy to eat her egg and cress sandwiches there, hats off I say! Also obvious to me that a lot of painting, fixing and overhauling has happened over the years, considering we're at the end of season hats off again.

I never had any problems with the staff previously, but they've become something fairly special, friendly, helpful, and more than considerate, (I mean you Sir the gent who not only perhaps let my daughter stay a little longer than she should on the paying ride, but also took time to play with her).

Twenty pounds to get in, and one attraction to pay for, bargin.

For those who don't know it, it's a little far off the beaten track, (Follow the Atlantic Highway), but has been uber sign posted since last time I visited and even I had no troubles in reaquainting myself. Plenty of parking.

Glad to go back, and I've a feeling we'll be visiting again. Well done Crealy.

2 Thank Kernowminer
Dear Kernowminer
Many thanks for your post and your kind comments, I'm really glad you can see the time, effort and money that has gone into our continual improvment programme.

I'm particularly please with your comments regarding the team members. I have passed onto them.

I very much hope to see you on the park again soon :)
Wales
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Unfairly reviewed in my opinion- worth a visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

We spent a day here with our 20 month old son. We didn't have to pay for our little boy so the entrance cost was roughly twenty pounds, on par with other local attractions. I had real reservations about going due to other negative posts but I'm glad we did. There is a cute little train which runs around the park which is nice, there are loads of different sections, toddler section which consists of little houses with ball pools etc inside which were a nice touch. Granted that our son was too little to go on most rides but he could still enjoy all the slides, soft play, animals, enchanted forest etc etc. dragon section has been decorated in lovely bright colours, staff serving food here were helpful and pleasant and we hadn't qualms with the food either. Toilets clean and the park itself well kept. Don't be put off going here, we had a lovely day as we had realistic expectations. Best suited for children who are mobile aged eighteen months plus.

1 Thank Welshgirlonholidays
Dear Welshgirlonholiday
Many thanks for your post and your kind comments. I hope to see you here again soon. :)
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great day out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

We went there with our four year old grandson and he loved it. We went early so he had plenty of rides no queuing even fed the carp fish in the pool to a lot of giggles these memories are priceless thank you for a great day out.

Visited September 2012