“Excellent food and excellent value”

Warne's Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 68 Restaurants in Wadebridge
Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Family friendly, casual dining restaurant that will appeal a broad cross section of the public. Open for coffee's, light lunches, after work drinks and evening meals." The restaurant retains it's character with a family restaurant upstairs and Al Fresco dining in the court yard. It also has a wine bar downstairs serving light snacks catering to after work drinks and quick meals for cinema goers. Adam added "We want it to be a place where you don't feel like you have to get dressed up, no one will frown on you if you order tap water and a friendly, fun atmosphere where everyone is welcome. Food served from 12pm until 1.30pm for lunch and 6pm until 8.30pm for dinner, serving mostly modern British food with a few international influences, a bit of nostalgia and a few modern twists thrown in.
Reviewed October 24, 2013

The food is outstanding and very good value. I had the Cornish Sole - terrific. I'm lucky I live nearby.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Friendly welcome and lovely atmosphere. Were very happy to accommodate my fussy appetite. The food was outstanding, we had Warnes slider burger and scallops, just amazing for the price, you have to go.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

This little gem is tucked away in Wadebridge but persevere to find it and you will not be disappointed.
Two courses for £12 or 3 for £15 at lunchtime made us replan our day as this was such amazing value. Would the food be quality or be tiny portions?
Yes and no is the simple answer.
There was a really good choice of 8 different starters and mains so not limited to 2 or 3 and 6 different puddings. The portion sizes were excellent, beautifully presented and cooked.
The service was attentive and friendly and gave us great information on the owner and what he was trying to achieve at the restaurant, I'd say he has succeeded in no small part.
There is a good selection of outside seating with a few tables under cover.
The downstairs has a few tables and a large bar but upstairs opens out into a good sized room with plenty of covers.
My wife and I commented on what a great private function room it would make.
The drinks selection was good and comprehensive with a Tribute costing £3.30.
Needless to say we managed all 3 courses and left suitably happy if somewhat stuffed.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

We eat on a Sunday night at Warne's. The food was first rate and some of the finest chips I've ever tasted.

My son is allergic to milk and the staff were very accommodating checking numerous times with the kitchen. This resulting in them making a special meal for my son of freshly breaded fish, chips and vegetables.

The Slider burgers were also amazing.

A great meal, lovely atmosphere and very friendly and accommodating waiting staff.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

My partner and I visited here with my parents and small son whilst on holiday in Cornwall. Despite the menu not being quite as advertised on-line (I think we caught them just as they were changing it) we enjoyed a lovely meal here. My partner in particular was delighted with his pasta and has not stopped raving about it even two weeks later. My dessert (a chocolate pot with honeycomb) was particularly delicious and it is a just a shame we don't live close enough to visit more frequently.