“Excellent coffee with expert baristas”

Relish Food and Drink
Cuisines: Healthy, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: At Relish we're famous for our coffee and relaxed friendly service. We're family friendly, dog friendly and offer free wifi. Set around a sheltered courtyard just yards from the main shopping street, there's ample indoor and outdoor seating in the cafe, delicatessen and courtyard. We serve high quality breakfast, lunch and home made cakes & biscuits from 9am to 4pm, Monday to Saturday.
Wadebridge, United Kingdom
“Excellent coffee with expert baristas”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Relish offers an excellent selection of refreshments with coffee being their speciality. The food is homemade and the salads make you feel healthy just looking a them. We had the cheese and chutney with salad when we last visited and my daughter had a plate of crudités which she really enjoyed. In good weather the outside courtyard area is great and even when slightly colder there are blankets available. Would recommend

1 Thank 19williams78

“Great place for coffee with friendly service”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

This is one of our favourite places for coffee in Wadebridge. We often stop here when in town shopping and can say we have never been disappointed. The cheese scones are amazing - so good that we had to ask for the recipe. We always enjoy the coffee; we may not be true connoisseurs (!), but it always tastes great. There is also a good range of teas available if coffee is not your thing.

1 Thank Xnij
“Mediocre coffee, though food was above average for small town cafe”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Visited hoping to have a good coffee but was pretty disappointed. Espresso in 'flat white' was under extracted, and milk texture not very good (due too much air meaning very little micro-foam). Five years ago this would have been considered a great coffee (compared with what most cafe's were serving), but standards are so much better now that this didn't really compare with the best coffees I've tasted. I think Origin beans were used (as with most decent cafes in Cornwall), so perhaps this didn't help the coffee to stand out as being special. London roasted beans were also available, but again nothing especially interesting and no locally roasted (which is a shame for an independent cafe)! The beans for sale that had come from London were also getting on a bit at the time of my visit, so wouldn't be at their best.
The food, however, was of a better standard than most market town type cafes in the south west (brunch). Two coffees and bacon and egg sandwiches cost just under £15 so average value.
Nice location for the cafe, and seating outside if the weather permits!

3 Thank Bogan H
Hugo H, Public Relations Manager at Relish Food and Drink, responded to this review, January 16, 2015
Wow... thank you, it's not often I get to make coffee for someone who knows the terms 'under extracted' and 'microfoam'. Would I be correct in thinking you consider yourself a bit of a coffee expert? I would have loved feedback on the espresso you had at the same time.

Origin coffee is used in most decent cafe's in Cornwall, well spotted. This is perhaps because Origin coffee is, actually, the best roaster in Cornwall. You may remember they roasted my coffee when I won the UK Barista Championships and again when I came 10th in the World Barista Championships. But then that was over 5 years ago... maybe they've gone downhill and nobody but you noticed.

I realise our choice of Origin, in your experienced opinion "didn't help the coffee to stand out as being special" but moving my cafe nearer London so that Square Mile became my local roaster presented too many obstacles. Does it help that our milk comes from a dairy just 5 minutes from my house?

As a small town in an obviously rural part of the country we find it very hard to keep up with anything in London or other English cities. It is particularly hard catering for people from big cities because they have, by default, so much more sophisticated tastes. I will make an effort to visit some cafe's in London next time I get across the Tamar, see if I can taste some of these coffee's you compare ours to, and maybe get a few up to date tips.

As for your comment on the food, would I be right in assuming you like your food, as in really really like you food? If my memory serves me correctly that was fairly evident. Still, I'm grateful for the reminder that not much is expected of us because we're just a little market town. And average value! You're so kind. Mediocre over all! We're grateful.
Devon
“run by people who know about coffee”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

popped in as recommended by a relative, quality coffee served along with other local delicacies. I was served by Mark who really knows his stuff and is also passionate about food and drink, a refreshing change from the big chains.......

Portishead, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Coffee, Great Service”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We came in with a party of 6. Not only was the latte one of the best I've ever tasted, service was prompt, reasonably priced and being dog friendly only made it even better.

• Visited October 2013