“30th Birthday - Fantastic” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Glasshouse Restaurant

The Glasshouse Restaurant
Ranked #23 of 63 Restaurants in Wadebridge
Cuisines: British
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Telephone +44 (0)1208 814800
Newquay, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“30th Birthday - Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

I've eaten here a few times before, but my partner booked a surprise meal for my 30th with friends on my birthday back in July!

As always the food was amazing, I'm a vegetarian and my friend gluten intolerant and neither was a problem. I had a surprise birthday cake, which the staff were super friendly and helpful with, only downside was I missed out on their dessert, which is amazing.

Lovely staff and atmosphere, and I'm already looking forward to our next meal here.

The only thing I'd like to see is a V next to vegetarian meals on the menu.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Wadebridge, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fulfilled my pregnancy cravings.....fab!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

We have had lots of fantastic evening meals in the glasshouse but have never had a breakfast. Well now I will be eating lots of bacon and egg ciabbatas from here....In the words of Gary Barlow it was " absolutely amazing". My preganancy craving was most certainly satisfied. Thank you everyone at the glasshouse.

“The pleasing sight !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

As always the staff are always helpful and welcoming(Jenna,Vicky,Jess @ Drew) the food is fresh, hot and full of flavour. For a unhurried and good value meal it has to be the Glasshouse

Wadebridge
“The Glasshouse - where locals in the know go”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

I regularly dine here, be it with friends or alone, because of the warm welcome, excellent service and exceptional food that this stylish place always offers. We've always been really looked after by the attentive and helpful staff.

Having been weaned onto medium-rare steak when I visited a TV chef's top establishment, I have to say the fillet steak served here was at least equal, and dare I say better! The pasta and pizza dishes are always delicious, too, and the accompanying well-chosen wine list never disappoints.

High standards, great food and atmosphere, value for money.... we keep going back.

Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“Great location ...disappointing food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

We were taken here last year by friends who raved about it beforehand but we both had really disappointing meals - overcooked and reheated.
I couldn't believe that the same sort of stuffed peppers and other hors d'oevres that I had bought the day before in Lidl ( just over the road) were now served up exactly as they had been tipped out of their packets.
Once again this year, we found ourselves in Wadebridge and the very attractive Glasshouse restaurant beckoned and so we decided to give it another go.
The chips were good. My husbands catch of the day was served in greasy very overcooked batter.
I had Caesar salad which was awful. Instead of crisp iceberg lettuce- the recognised base - tender bagged leaves were used, there were no anchovies, the Caesar dressing was not Caesar dressing, instead it was some cheap bland dressing that tasted of nothing. I chose a topping of chicken but could not eat it . It had not been freshly cooked and was completely dried up and inedible.
This is a lovely place to sit outside, read a paper and have a coffee or beer but the food is just not good enough. we will never eat there again and would not recommend it for a meal.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank APP81067
Tina B, Owner at The Glasshouse Restaurant, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your meal, I assume that you are talking about the tapas, but I can assure you that they are not bought from Lidl! the Crab meat is fresh, the smoked salmon roulade is made by us, we marinade the olives, the med veg is roasted by us.
The Caesar salad dressing is also made on the premises using mayonnaise, parmesan, lemon juice, Worcester sauce and seasoning. We do not put anchovies in the sauce as so many people ask for it without, we put the anchovies in the salad. We call the Caesar Salad Glasshouse Caesar Salad as it is a variation on a classic one, however it does say on the menu that it is made with mixed leaves. With regards to the chicken and the batter, my husband is speaking to the kitchen to see what went wrong. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your meal with us, but I do hope that you will return.