“Lovely afternoon for when it rains”

The Sculpture Workshop
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I went here with my boyfriend both of us in 25 on a rainy day.

I had read the reviews before and was fully aware what the activity involved.

Pros
Easy for all ages and abilities (believe me i am not the arty type)
Great for a rainy day
Great Location
Teacher was lovely

Cons
The class was too long as it is for all ages unless you are with Children i found it dragged as we had to wait for them to be at the same stage as us.
Over priced for what it is- it maybe unique but i don’t believe it is worth what we paid
Mixed ages

I would say give it a go if you have children you want to keep them occupied on a rainy day.

1  Thank Noodles87
"characters"
"dogs"
"school"

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Awesome attraction! My Mum booked a session with the sculpture workshop after I spotted it on this site and asked if we could do it for my birthday. My Dad wasn't keen beforehand (he doesn't think he's creative) but he relaxed into the session fairly quickly and he's still talking about it! The teaching from Richard was great and we were told and shown how to build up the structures of the face and how a few small changes can really alter the personality of the sculptures. I wasn't sure what sort of face I'd make going into the session but weirdly it just seems to make itself. The two hours absolutely flew by. This is a great experience for all ages!

Reviewed August 30, 2013

On a dull non beach day I called up in the morning and we went for 1 pm. We joined a mixed group of 13 of all ages. Had a wonderful two hours playing with clay. Well worth it. My five year old boy loved it. Everyone created such different masterpieces and all of us with no experience. Richard was an excellent teacher and in under an hour we had all created something special, then we had another hour to fine tune our head. Go. Book in. Take a look at the website for ideas. I think everyone should have a go! It's a hidden gem.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Found this on trip advisor during a trip with my two sons 12 and 14. All three of us found hidden creative talents! Anyone can do this, and should. It's not just for children, its for all ages. Richard is inspiring, encouraging and generous with his patience and expertise. The two hour session flew by and afterwards we all said we wanted to do it again! Perfect for rainy days too. Cannot recommend it enough

See more reviews
Reviewed August 17, 2013

You must do this! Our party consisted of 7 children (aged 7-13) and 3 adults, all very nervous that we were 'rubbish at art'. Richard is luckily a genius and managed to make us all feel almost like professional sculptors. Such a good teacher and very interesting - you must ask him about dragons den!
Our sculpted faces were impressive and I have just come home and ordered 12 of his kits. Brilliant.