“Surprisingly good”

Ranked #17 of 68 Restaurants in Wadebridge
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Indian foods at its finest
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Cornwall is not often a great location for curries so we have normally stayed away. However, we tried the Raj on Friday and were very impressed. We tried a couple of the chef's specials, one lamb one (tava something) and one chicken (Jaipur). Both were expensive but a bit different and with vegetables in them. The plates came and were huge. So much so that I ate mine without rice. Absolutely delicious. Will On my way! Back next time we are down.

1  Thank jnismith

Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

Visited this restaurant on 30 January for a friends birthday, a party of 9 guests. The welcoming to this restaurant was very friendly and very inviting.We were taken to our table after drinks had been offered and given time to decide upon our meal. Our order was taken and promptly arrived.

I have been to many Indian restaurants and I have to say the service and the food was second to none! Excellent food and excellent service. The staff even allowed us to 'pay separately'! I will definitely be returning here with my husband as we live locally.

We had food left over as such good portions and they put in doggy bags for us. As we were leaving and saying bye to each other we forgot our 'bags' and the staff even ran outside to give to us! Made us all laugh! Thanks for a great night! Overall - EXCELLENT!

1  Thank princessmsb
Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

I usually really enjoy Indian food and in particular the starter dishes and often choose 4/5 starters as a complete meal with no main course (which is by no means a cheaper option) when I suggested this would be my order, I was told they had a main course policy only and this was out of the question as they were a restaurant ! (indeed?)
I found the whole affair quite hostile and unfriendly.

jackie1957123, Owner at The Raj Indian Bar and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2013

Yes sir I remember you well, you didn't say you wanted several starters you asked if he could have something very light in turn I replied that you have to order a main dish and I was very polite

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Enjoyed a lovely evening at the Raj last night. Went with a large group, had great service and food.i tried something new and really enjoyed it, Also had a taste of a few others meals, which were equally good.
Even though it's 40 miles away,I intend to return!Thanks

1  Thank LPDevon
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We visit frequently for a takeaway and have always enjoyed the food. Coming from the West Midlands area we are used to good indian food and The Raj has never disappointed. The menu is far more extensive than a normal indian takeaway and the service always polite. It is perhaps more expensive than one would normally pay and because of that (when you couple same with drinks) we do not "dine" in. We would however still highly recommend same as we would their "sister" restaurant in Polzeath which also offers amazing views.

1  Thank Lee S