“Proper pub.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Quarryman

Quarryman
Ranked #13 of 63 Restaurants in Wadebridge
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
East Garston, United Kingdom
“Proper pub.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Delightful pub with an interesting history, a bit off the beaten track but worth it. A good selection of ales and whilst we didn't have a proper meal we did have one of the best pasties (and only £3!) we've ever tasted, so thought it was worth a review.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Jaqal

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Excellent Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

The best Fillet Stake I have ever had, my partners fish was excellent. If back here I will definitely be back. The locals made you feel very welcome. Thank you.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Tom C
Truro, United Kingdom
“Food always good.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

We often pop up to this pub as we consider it the best pub in Wadebridge. Went last week and had the pate and gammon & scampi. Pate is one of the best and a huge helping. Was very busy but as always found us a table. Often go here when we have visitors down and I have never noticed any 'local preference'. A good local pub with friendly and welcoming staff.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Eglos_13
Surrey UK
“Freezing cold - the temperature as well as the welcome!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

We went to the Quarryman at Easter on the basis of the Trip Advisor reviews - just goes to show you cant always rely on them. The temperature outside was VERY cold so we were looking forward to a nice warm pub. Not achance.we were seated by the door but the whole area was very cold. My hubby and son both kept their coats on - I braved it but was not comfortable. The food was OK but the menu was limited although it might be more varied had it not been Easter Day.

As for the atmosphere. We had booked a table. When my husband went to the bar he over heard a locals moaning about how busy it was and the "bloody tourists" in the pub and when the other noticed my husband had heard this he tried to smooth things over by saying "yes but where would we be - we need the money that is brought in". I felt that that is all we were really.Another local moaning because she had turned up on spec and was not able to get a table and then constantly staring over at our table as she had been promised it after we left. While I realise the locals are not members of staff at the pub - their attitude kind of summed up the whole experience. We will not be back.

Visited March 2013
4 Thank BecsSurreyUK
“Very pleasant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

We often stay in Wadebridge and drive into Padstow to eat and have until today not often stopped at this excellent pub just off the main road. Not sure why as we had an excellent lunch (the homemade steak and ale pie washed down with a pint of Doombar was superb) and was excellent value for money. The staff were attentive and friendly and in my opinion this is without doubt one of the best pubs in the Wadebridge area. Yes the decor is somewhat dated but the fires were burning, the pub was warm and comfortable so I was not much worried that it had a slightly ld fashioned charm about it

Visited April 2013