TripAdvisor
Port Gaverne
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews doc martin the pub mini eggs nespresso machine mussels short walk sunday lunch steep hill lovely location cornish breakfast coastal path lovely room breakfast was excellent st austell long weekend sea view biscuits
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We have been to The Port Gaverne hotel many times now. It is a beautifully positioned near the sea. The Hotel/Pub has a wonderful atmosphere with superb food...served by a lovely group of people..Jake,Chloe,along with others made for a brillant relaxing evening!

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Just ate here tonight with my wife and our two fox red labradors. The staff were all so friendly and welcoming and clearly very dog friendly. There was a special dog friendly restaurant area and the lady in charge kept bringing us dog biscuits . I had the ribeye and my wife had the cod. Both were superb. The cod came with minted mushy peas and a delicious curried mayonnaise . My wife said it was the best she had tasted in years. The 10oz ribeye , medium rare, was also top notch. I would not hesitate in recommending the Port Gaverne Hotel to anyone. Cheers

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

How long will this place be around? We had lovely meal but half our drinks were missing on the bill. Can this place afford to throw money away? Being honest, we told them. The manager was totally relaxed, and even a little stroppy with us, saying people always tell them when they get it wrong. So, they get it wrong all the time? What about all the people who don't tell them! A shambles in terms of management.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Called in for some nice local food on what was a very busy night BUT planned to be busy as it was the firework night.
NEVER have I seen such bad and unprofessional service! Almost as if we the paying customer where an inconvenience. We had been waiting a little while while for are order and keen to get some food before the fireworks set off so politely asked a member of staff excuse me can you tell me when are order will be ready? The answer: “WHEN ITS READY” the member of staff did eventually come over and explain to us that it was said in some sort of jest but no actual apology was made.

I will stick to my local over in tintagel from now on

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We visited last Sunday for a lunch. Beautiful place. Lovely setting. Great welcome from the bar staff. This place has a unique and very special feel to it. Unfortunately the lack of interest from some of the waiting staff really let's it down. The roast dinner was served cold and when this was mentioned the plate was taken away without apology. And brought back ten minutes later again without apology and only luke warm. We left as quickly as we could after this and would have stayed for longer(and spent more money) if the situation had been handled more professionally by the staff. Not what we were expecting from a restaurant with high accolades.

Trip type: Traveled with friends