All reviews doc martin the pub mini eggs nespresso machine mussels short walk steep hill sunday lunch lovely location cornish breakfast couple of nights coastal path lovely room breakfast was excellent st austell long weekend sea view
Selected filters

Limited mobile signal.

Good Wi-fi in all areas, great staff, excellent food & great menu choices, quaint old building, modern rooms with all required facilities, chocolate mini eggs replenished every day! Good bar and plenty happy folk to blether with. Excellent walks to Port Isaac, close to Wadebridge. Quiet beautiful location.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Not a cheap place to stay, in many ways aiming towards being up there with the best places to stay in Cornwall, presence of nespresso machine in room, trendy coastal decoration etc. But very poor attention to detail. Our room seemed poorly finished and a mish mash of styles including some cheap and flimsy items which ruined the effect. Weirdly barely any plug sockets! Food was very good in the restaurant but let down by service, just seemed a bit too busy and distracted, breakfast seemed overly busy and rushed and could be so much better. Coffee was served in a tea pot, forgot to give us toast, very little attention paid.
No parking available so we ended up parking in the staff car park next to the bins and walking down a very steep path not suitable for lots of people.
Overall a fine total experience but if you’ve got the money to stay here and want a relaxing/luxurious stay then look elsewhere.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This was a wonderful place to enjoy dinner ! The waitress was very friendly and helpful (a NZ lady) and the food was v good.
We enjoyed lamb etiquette style starters- v tasty.
My main was super clean as I went with a Cornish Hen and asked for no days or sauces and clean vegetables ! Amazing. They got this right!
My husband enjoyed bangers and mash and found it very tasty. The portion was perfect and I loved the gravy.
We opted against dessert.
We found this to be fair value and a peaceful spot to watch the sun set just across the road.
Suggest you book.
Didn't appreciate the Pervy men outside who gawked at me when I walked inside which I found creepy. But you get creeps everywhere. Even in stunning country villages.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

What a gem of a place, from the moment we sat down our waiter was friendly and attentive. The food was lovely, we don't eat out very often because I always feel disappointed, not this evening, we all thoroughly enjoyed our meal.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

The food is exceptionally good. Right up there with Nathan Outlaw’s fish kitchen in Port Isaac. The service is also fantastic. Probably the best lobster bisque I have ever had and the steak was beautifully tender.

Trip type: Traveled with family