“A must for a visit!”

Buttercup Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Visited this lovely little cafe during a stay at Archerfield. Husband playing golf so I decided to potter round North Berwick. What can I say that hasn't already been said? Shared my table with a lovely lady who was waiting for her husband, chatted about her wonderful history. The owner was lovely, and very funny, (no horse in his stovies). Other tables with ladies completing crossword, being helped by others. An amazing atmosphere and I didn't feel at all uncomfortable going in by myself. Left the lovely lady to share the table with another couple on my leave. I'll definitely be back. Staff fantastic too.

2  Thank Pamela E

Reviewed February 11, 2013

You are an institution in North Berwick. You and your wife feed and look after the locals and visitors alike with kindness, humour and the most delicious food served in a relaxed and welcoming atmosphere. You just can't go wrong and won't be disappointed when you visit here!

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Often pop into the Buttercup, the scones are excellent as is the other food. Andreas experiments with the types of scones he has on offer and has not made a mistake so far. A busy wee place but well worth a visit

Reviewed January 19, 2013

My Daughter and I make sure we visit Andreas and the Buttercup Cafe every time she's over from America. When she lived here we drove there from Edinburgh every Tuesday for a bowl of soup and a roll. Not only is the food good but Andreas (the owner) serenades us from the kitchen while he prepares food for everyone. He takes really good care of the locals, especially the elderly. If there isn't an empty table, the customers feel so much like family that if they/we have an empty space at our table, whom ever walks in is welcome to fill that space. I love the Buttercup Cafe and tell all I know who are headed that way to make sure they stop there. Andreas makes all his customers a part of the Buttercup family. ALSO... if you're patient, because reservations are full for months, you can have a really FABULOUS time at his Greek Night. Food Food Food and ALL GOOD!

1  Thank TuesdaySoupLady
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Dropped in for Soup and Sandwich and could not have chosen better. Cafe was busy but the owner was coping admirably. Came and spoke to us and gave details of Greek evenings, which we will book next time we are in North Berwick - Hi from Paisley.

1  Thank Dolly56