“Perfect and quirky”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Bellshill
“Perfect and quirky”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

Want a cosy place for a pot of tea and a scone, or soup or other snack, this is the place. The decor has that country kitchen look with nick-nacks all round. The small staff are brilliant and so able to cope with even the busiest times.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank Mpoziemski

edinburgh
“A Great Discovery in North Berwick High Street”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

We went down for a trip to North Berwick - one of my favourate places in East Lothian as my late parents' used to take a villa right on the sea fron for a month in the summer when I was a child.

It was a beautiful day, sun shining but frosty but the dog loves the beach where we took him first and as the tide was out we walked on the hard sand miles along to get some fresh sea air.

The bass rock was so near and Isle of May looked spectacular.

We then parked in the town car park and were lucky to come upon this charming cafe down the High Street. and lucky to obtain a table for two as going on lunch time.

The cafe seemed to be full of locals which is a good sign.

We were given a warm welcome and service good.

My husband had a lovely fruit scone with jam and cream and home made biscuit and pot of coffee and I had a lovely huge baked potato with cheese and butter served with a side salad with a pot of tea all served efficiently and with good china.

Prices were very reasonable and we shall visit once more when down at North Berwick as should be soon as I love the shops in the High Street which sell beautiful unusual items for Christmas presents which the larger outlets do not store!!

1 Thank malaikascotland
Thessaloniki, Greece
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very nice place”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

The best place there with the best food and the best people! So friendly and so great in all levels, I think I will visit it again for sure!!!!

1 Thank nkalyvio
Dieppe, Canada
“Charming!”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We found this little café on our way to Tantallon Castle last sunday. In a word, I would describe it as charming. The food was good (the Scones with jam and cream were amazing!) and the prices were even better. It was everything ww looked for in a typical scotish tea room/café! This is a little gem!

1 Thank mm_doucet03
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“A charming little cafe.”
Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

We popped in here late one morning and were lucky to get a table.The lady that served us was friendly and very helpful.My partner and i had the spag carbonara special which was delicious and plentiful.My daughter had a bowl of porridge which again was delicious and plentiful.The bill came to just over £20.Overall we would definitely be back here,if we are lucky enough to get a table.

3 Thank michael j