“Excellent riding!”
Review of Seacliff Stables

Seacliff Stables
More attraction details
Owner description: Come and enjoy the stunning views and scenery in some of Scotland's best countryside on horseback. There is minimum traffic as we only ride on private land. Many of our horses are home-bred, with a range to suit all levels and abilities. The horses are trustworthy school masters which allows beginners, nervous riders and children to gain experience and confidence. We also cater for the more capable riders as we have a large range of experienced competition horses to suit each individual.We also have pony days where children can enjoy looking after and caring for a pony whilst learning true horsemanship. Keep looking at website or facebook page for updates on pony days.We can also offer this experience to adults who have missed out on this in their junior years whether it be individual or groups! If you have a young child wishing to have a go then we also offer half an hour rides.
Reviewed July 21, 2013

After seeing the website we decided to go along for a hack and enjoyed it immensely. The horses were so well behaved. We didn't have to ride on the road at all and had a great canter on the beach and a walk through the water. Definitely going back regularly!

4  Thank JB49_13
in 6 reviews
"scenery"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed July 20, 2013

I'm a nervous rider and the experienced staff are both welcoming and exceedingly good at giving confidence and reassurance. The horses are well trained and matched to your riding ability, the views are spectacular across the Bass Rock towards Fife, I had a very enjoyable day.in this very special place.

4  Thank maggiemadbeach
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I was visiting north Berwick with a friend recently, who was very keen to go horse riding. I was slightly nervous as I had never rode before and was unsure what to expect. I need not have worried, as soon as I arrived at seacliff stables the staff were extremely welcoming, made me feel completely at ease and explained everything to me so I felt confident to get on a horse knowing they would be there to guide me. The views during the ride were fantastic and we even went for a ride along the beach which was a wonderful opportunity, stunning surroundings and something I won't forget. By the end of the ride I even managed a little trot. It was a fantastic experience, the staff were so friendly and welcoming and I would defiantly return and recommend this to everyone!!

5  Thank Fastlane05
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Booked my youngest 2 kids an hours pony lesson today at this place via phone call over the weekend.I was told to come today 16/07/2013 at 11am so the kids could have a hours ride.Turned up just before 11 this morning to be rudely asked why we were there as they have pony club on today and no space so why were we there.I replied that I had booked a lesson over the weekend and was told to go today etc etc.The girl we spoke to disappeared and came back minutes later with some ludicrous excuse that I had got it wrong and it was the next again week I had booked in for!! They really must think I'm buttoned up the back as I still have the origanal text asking for this week as my husband was on holiday from work so it only suited us this week and as I don't have the car when he's at work their is no way would I have booked for next week.The girl informed us that yes it was indeed our fault several times and they may be able to squeeze our kids in next week!!!! Obviously I did not take them up on this offer as I do not have transport next week and kids were all ready to go today.I had even took them and bought them riding gear at the weekend to add insult to injury.Our poor kids were actually crying walking back to the car which is a complete disgrace and a disgusting way to treat customers.Avoid at all costs.

10  Thank MrsT2004
seacliffstables, Manager at Seacliff Stables, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

I'm so sorry you had this impression of the stables. It appears there was a miscommunication about the date of your ride, as the children where in our diary for the following week. I can only apologise, as I did at the time. As we are a small stables we only have 2 small ponies that were already being used on the pony day, if there was anyway I could of taken the children for a ride I would have done. I did offer a ride later that day or the following week, if the children would still like to ride we will give you a gift voucher for a half hour ride. Please email seacliffstables@gmail.com if you would like the voucher.

Kind Regards,