We have just returned from a weekend at the Marine hotel. The hotel is magnificent and we have never experienced such incredible service before. It was so lovely that it was hard to drag ourselves away from the hotel to go to Edinburgh to the in wonderful shops! The peace and tranquility of the hotel was amazing especially as I was sat in the fantastic outside hydropool when it was minus 5 outside... pure heaven!
The restaurant and bar food was to die for...
Breakfast- a feast enough food to last all day, absolutely delicious and the variety of choices could suit anybodies tastes.
Dinner in the restaurant was completely 5 star and I ate the best meal I have ever eaten. The food was beautifully presented and melt in the mouth. The waiter was knowledable and kind enough to recommend a bottle of wine that complemented the meal perfectly. The service was exemplary, even though the restaurant was busy there was a very personal feel.
Facilities were great in the spa...The pool is lovely and impeccably clean. The staff were wonderful, and couldn't do enough for us expaining exactly what to do in the spa.
The Spa is out of this world.
I was completely overwhelmed when I walked into our bedroom. The bed was enormous as was the room, it even had a telescope for star gazing!! It was extremely comfortable and I had some very peaceful nights sleep. Opening the curtains to a frosted view of the golf course and beautiful beach was a brilliant start to the day.
Overall I would say this is probably the best hotel we have ever stayed in and I am extremely fussy! It really is the whole package the staff - including the very approchable and warm-hearted manager Mr. Cohen, the beautiful bedrooms, the mouthwatering meals, the romantic walks on the beach, the heaven-like spa, the wonderfully bustly city of Edinburgh in easy reach by car or train. It is truly a gem! When are you going?!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Macdonald Marine Hotel & Spa boasts everything you could need for a short break on the Scottish coast. Our luxurious spa offers rejuvenating Elemis treatments performed by highly trained therapists. Experience award-winning dining in our restaurant or relax in our lounge while taking in the view over the Firth of Forth. Your guaranteed a great night sleep in our stylish bedrooms, exactly what you need after a day on one of the many surrounding world-class golf courses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Macdonald Marine Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Marine Hotel And Spa
- Macdonald Marine Hotel North Berwick
- Hotel Macdonald Marine
- Berwick Hotel Marine North
- Macdonald Marine Hotel & Spa North Berwick, Scotland