“Wonderful Spa Day”

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Wonderful Spa Day”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

I booked a Spa Day at the Marine for my boyfriend and I- we used the New Year, New You deal. It was a wonderful way to spend his birthday- we both had back, shoulder and neck massages and then we had lunch. Lunch was a 'Bento box' and we both really enjoyed this. However, when we went back to use the pool and all the other various sauna/steam rooms, we discovered that there was a group of about 20 university students who had been given access to the spa because they were taking part in a conference. Neither my boyfriend and I minded that they were students (we are both students ourselves), but instead were frustrated when they proceeded to use the outdoor pool for 2 hours. We were looking forward to using the outdoor pool since it was a cold day and we had heard that the pool is super warm even in winter! We did eventually use the outdoor pool, but it was a case of pushing our way in as the students spoke loudly and ignored our presence. This took away from the romanticism of the day, and I am certain by the looks on other guests faces that they were just as unimpressed as we were. Obviously there is nothing the hotel can do about having guests 'hogging' certain facilities.

All in all, a really good day with only one small blip.

2 Thank RMuir1

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely Relaxing Day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

Really enjoyed my spa today at The Marine Hotel. Me and a few friends and family were given vouchers for Christmas and we all had a lovely day relaxing in the hot tub, pool, sauna, steam room, and the relaxation room. We received 2 treatments which were really good. The staff were all really friendly and the girls who done the treatments were very good. The lunch was beautiful as well. Could not fault anything. Loved it and will definitely be back.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Chezza28
Musselburgh, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Fantastic Saturday”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

Just back from a lovely lazy relaxing day at Spa Marine Hotel North Berwick. I was there with my four daughters. One of my daughters bought the spa day for our Christmases. Her mother in law came too. We all had two treatments which were fantastic. Felt years younger. The lunch was really tasty. I had the salmon and it was fantastic. We had a great view over the Forth. Felt rather strange sitting with guests having our lunch with dressing gowns on. But what the heck. It was all fantastic.

1 Thank Sheana G
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fabulous Weekend at the Marine!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

I am just back from the most fabulous relaxing weekend at the North Berwick Marine Spa. I was there for my 50th birthday with 10 friends, we all had treatments and every single one was excellent. All the staff were fantastic, they couldn't do enough to make our stay comfortable and fun! In particular, Heather one of the therapist was magnificient and Steven on the bar looked after all our needs. The rooms are much bigger than the average hotel room and some of our party's bathrooms were as big as a single room in other hotels!
We will definitely be back for another weekend, Thank you to all the staff at the Marine and my friends for a memorable weekend.

1 Thank theTclan
barnsley
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Superb”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

A superb establishment clean well appointed rooms and what a setting looking out onto the Firth of Forth, over the golf course.
Facilities include a spa and fitness room.

Breakfast was well cooked and also an excellent veriety if you dont want a cooked breakfast.

Visited November 2013