“A 'must visit, attraction.”

National Museum of Flight
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Check in for an aviation adventure at East Fortune airfield! Trace the history of aviation from the First World War to today or join the jet set on a Boeing 707 and Concorde. Go interactive in hands-on galleries, where you can find out how aircraft fly and the skills you need to fly them. Open daily 10:00-17:00 April-Oct, Saturday and Sunday only 10:00-16:00 Nov-March.
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We have been meaning to go to this attraction for years and having been there last week we can highly recommend this one. Being ex RAF I don't know why it took me so long to visit. Concorde was superb, the displays in the many hangers were mind blowing. To be up close and personal with so many wonderful aircraft was a great sensation, I think it is a better display than the National Air Museum. We are going back, that's how good it is!

All reviews
in 10 reviews
"the main attraction"
in 19 reviews

Reviewed July 19, 2013

What a great way to spend an afternoon! All the hangars were full of fab exhibits and we spent hours exploring. Concorde was amazing and you could walk on the plane and see the flight deck, would recommend the audio commentary for an extra £1 and the film about getting Concorde to the museum was well worth a view. Great value day out!

Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Just been today, went for my dad to use his Father's Day voucher for a helicopter trip which I think it there on certain days. The weather was amazing. There is so much to see and there's an interactive hanger for adults and children to try different things. A good laugh. My 4yr old girl and 7yr old boy loved it all! A picnic is advised as there are plenty tables and grass to sit on. The food looked lovely out the coffee shop and the cakes were fab! We did the Concorde experience too which was a wee bit pricey but enjoyable! We were there from 11-4pm. Enjoy!

2  Thank audbod3
Reviewed July 1, 2013

As a bit of a aircraft nut I was looking forward to this trip, I have persuaded my other half to go with me to most of the aeronautical museums and this was not exception. The place is a bit of a bind to find as the signs from the A1 are not the best and I have missed the turn off twice, as the sign on the A1 is cluttered with lots of other attractions. Once off it just says tourist attractions and points to a turn off the roundabout again a bit confusing, so be aware and look out for the turn. Yes I know this is not the museums fault and blame should go to the Scottish Highways Agency.
The admission price is £9.10 and I always judge this by what the museum is doing with the money to justify the price, well in the maintenance and restoration hanger they are working on a Anson and a Beaufighter so was not aggrieved with the price, but the highlight has to be Concord that marvellous majestic aircraft has a hanger to itself. The guide says its best to go there first, but I think it should be the last as it will send you off on your way with the wow factor.
Access is no problem with a shuttle between all the hangers, but on a sunny day the walk is not far between each. There is lots of facilities with a cafe, shop, picnic tables and plenty of free parking on site.
I hope the museum can be allowed to grow as it should and would like to see more of the contributions made to aviation by Scotland, to sum it up, not a Duxford, or Cosford, but well ran, well displayed, well done.

1  Thank J_G61