Pinewoods Holiday Park
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsstatic caravanwelcome packcrazy golfminiature trainlovely parklovely sitemotor homegold caravantouring areagorgeous beachon site shopdog friendly caravangreat holidaytoilet blockgrey waterfully serviced pitchbeach cafe
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Firstly, may I congratulate Pinewoods on their staff ( other than the cleaners unfortunately) the reception, shop & security staff are excellent.

The pitch.... I stayed with my Daughter for October half term on a Super Pitch, with our touring caravan. Pitch size was small compared to other sites we have been on, as has been mentioned before my pitch was used as a short cut to the shop/reception area due to no demarcation. The pitches also seemed to be rather close together and drainage of surface water was obviously an issue for some pitches although I was lucky mine was fine.

The location of the site is great, right by the beach or a short walk ( or train ride ) into Wells itself!. Wells is a lovely place although very crowded during the summer as we found out when we visited! I agree with the review of French's fish & chips, they are rather hit and miss and i feel rely on their reputation, at the time I was in we were served by youngsters who were more interested in their own conversation than us, to the point that when we got back to the van our order was incorrect! I should have maybe paid more attention!

Anyhow back to Pinewoods and here is my biggest and only complaint! The shower facilities...... I couldn't use my van shower as it broke on day 1 and with hubby away working I couldn't fix it. Anyway the showers need knocking down or at the very very least a deep clean. They are disgraceful, there are enormous cobwebs, mould growing up the wall, previous guests hair clogging the drain. I observed the cleaning regime whilst waiting for my 9yr old. It involved,unlock the cupboard, remove mop and bucket ( unsure how old the water was in the bucket) mop floor area.....NOT CUBICLES either shower or loo.... Then return mop & bucket to the cupboard, lock and leave.

So come on Pinewoods, either be one 100% statics or improve facilities, or reduce the price you charge as although the site is 5*ish, your facilities certainly are NOT!

You would have scored an excellent if it wasn't for the showers etc

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank vinef
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Just spent a long weekend in a A grade static van. Despite requesting a quiet location on the booking form we were the first van in the park as you go in so that every walker and vehicle passed by. That said it was November, not many people about and we had family come to visit for a meal so in retrospect the location was easy to find. Had it been summer i would have asked to move. The van was immaculate, very new and even had an en-suite to the master bedroom. The central heating was phenominally good and so warm for a cold Novembers weekend. We cooked a roast dinner for 4 and the cooking facilities were excellent (despite it missing a chopping board and veg nice). Bizarley despite curtains on all the windows the door was clear glass and we were on full view for everyone to see ( we managed to hang up one of the spare single duvets over the door to stop the world and his wife looking in). The location for walking into Wells is excellent, we had family in the town so were able to avoid driving all weekend by walking in and out.
We would definately book again for an 'out of season' holiday and would hesitate to book an A grade van in the winter, but would probably avoid in high season.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Alison3860
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We have just returned from a brilliant week stay in a pristine 'B' grade static caravan at the park. The site is large but immaculate and in a great location. 5 min walk along a safe path by the sea estry away from the road to the beach (miles of sand) or about a 15min walk the other direction into Wells-next-the-sea. The park backs on to a lake and nature reserve where you can see Muntjak deer, foxes and lots of different birds especially in the evening. North Norfolk has lots of thing to do and I think Wells-next-the-sea has lots to offer couples or families. There are plenty of restaurants and bars int he town and make sure you stop off for a pancake or pint at the Albatros boat moored in the harbour. We're really looking forward to returning soon and highly recommend the holiday park.

Room Tip: All caravans seemed fine, even the lower grades are good if money is tight.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Folkey
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Ok i realise people (me included) read these 'good' reviews and think they must be written by an employee of the place, but I can tell you honestly i have no connection whatsoever with anyone at this holiday camp....
My girlfriend and i booked this as a last min few days away break, and I'm so glad we did. It's the first time we have stayed in a static caravan and we were more than happy with it. In fact we really didn't want to leave..the caravan/mobile home was spotlessly clean (to the point that we wondered if it was brand new) with LOADS of room and all mod cons....and even a balcony to watch the sun setting!
Everything you need was supplied, inc a nice little welcome pack of the essentials (bread, milk, tea bags, coffee etc)...good thinking pinewood!!
Oh I should just say, we went in sept, so it was pretty quiet (no kids)...I imagine it fills up quite a bit during sch hols.
We paid £300 for 4 nights, which got us one of their best rated caravans.
The park is near the stunning beach and a few mins walk to town (or catch the mini train for £1.30 per adult).
Wells is a lovely town, nice gift shops and coffee shops etc..and a good few pubs and restaurants...we enjoyed the Albatros pub (a Dutch clipper ship converted into a pub) and The Crown (great food, bit pricey though).
All in all, I can't recommend highly enough...we'll definitely book again!
I've read some 'bad' reviews on here and notice most are by campers in tents, so I can't really comment...all I know is, if you're after a nice relaxing break, near the beach in a quiet location give it a go!!
Thanks Pinewoods :)

• Stayed: September 2012
3  Thank Ants74
Reviewed September 14, 2012

we stayed here the same week last year and like it so much that we decided to go again this year. Was a bit aprehensive about going again as we were aware of what it was about, I was wrong, we had a good week, excellent weather, excellent location. Our holiday consisted of beach days, crab fishing and mixing in a couple of trips.
Again car was parked up most of week apart from when we went on the seal trip and on the Poppyline in sandringham which our kids ( and ourselves ) really enjoyed and would highly recomend.
The village is cute is that makes sense, the beach is amazing, wide open and clean. Water seems quite warm too. not sure if thats just me.
the site is clean and there is the lake where we fed the ducks almost every day.
as im british and we are famous for moaning so im going to throw in a few negatives
here goes..............
*The campsite looked really poor, but i was not stopping on there so who cares.
*I had to walk about 50 yards to the communal bin!
*The ducks kept quacking
*the grass was green.

i highly recomend a week in wells for pure relaxation and family time!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family