“Excellent Food and Dog Friendly”

The Bowling Green Inn
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 24, 2013

A bit further back from the sea front but very much worth the visit. Very good food and very lively atmosphere. as with most retsuarants in Wells very much worth booking a table as gets very busy

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Myself and my partner stayed at the Bowling Green Inn for twoo nights B&B,It was a great choice from the first meet with Jackie,Vicky's mum.We were shown to our very spacious and beautiful room,behind the Inn,it had parking in front for our car,and hanging baskets a bloom on the black stained timbers.The bed took two taxi rides and a number four bus to kiss my partner goodnight,otherwise known as kingsize. As for the food,Superb breakfast and the evening meals were amazing and at a good price.All in all the best two days and nights ever.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

My family and I have just returned from a two week holiday in Wells. We ate at the Bowling Green Inn once on a Saturday lunchtime, and two evenings. The landlady is very friendly and the food is wonderful. If I could make one criticism it is that my rump steak was a little chewy but the chicken and ham pie I had on the other evening was delicious - a proper shortcrust pastry pie that you don't get very often! Make sure you are hungry as the portions are large - and the puddings with custard are to die for :-)

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Six of us 4 adults 2 children had lunch at the Bowling Green last Saturday, this is the third time we've eaten there and I have to say the food is great and what a choice you have, you definitely have to be hungry when you go there, staff very friendly, the only thing that lets it down if being very picky, it desperately needs a good freshen up, very tired looking, but hey, rather have the lovely food.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

We arrived here by default after being unable to find any parking space in Wells. Fate was truly on our side, a lovely pub with welcoming staff, good beer and excellent food. Our meals were served quickly, with very generous portions and all very tasty. Our go-to place in Wells from now on, give it a try and miss the crowds. (Easy parking as well)