“Comfortable Stey”
Review of Mill House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wells-next-the-Sea
Mill House
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I had a delightful two day stay, in one of the most comfortable beds I have slept in (apart from my own) and found the breakfast excellent, I certainly was met with a smile and had everything explained to me, maybe previous visitors should try smiling at the person first, after all it is infectious!!! I certainly would stay there again

Room Tip: Room nine it was a twin room downstairs on the corner overlooking the garden and the car park
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Stewartclmiddleton

Reviewed October 4, 2012

After staying for 3 nights at Mill House, the owner did not smile once or try and make any conversation with us at all, even as she served breakfast I never heard a please or thank you, it was just put down in front of you. The house is lovely but opening a few windows for fresh air would have helped the smell of cooking not linger and still be around to greet you late afternoon when returning from a lovely day out. Would we stay again No it was clean and tidy and rooms adequate but a friendly greeting counts for a lot.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Andy M
TheGlobeatWells, Manager at Mill House, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2014

Hello,

Firstly I would like to introduce myself as the new manager of Mill House. I am sorry to hear that your previous experience was less than perfect, and I would love to welcome you back.
I can assure you that all of our guests receive a warm and friendly welcome - our more recent reviews are testimony to this. It is right at the top of the list of our priorities!
I do hope we can welcome you back to Mill House one day, as we are making so many improvements, including lightening and freshening up the whole bed and breakfast.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

Had a 2 night stay in a very tastefully decorated,cosy and comfortable twin room.Breakfast was perfect.The house isn't what I'd call dated as stated in one of the previous reviews,but merely in keeping with such an historic and characterful building.The owner was most friendly and helpful.Would recommend and would certainly stop again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Cullenwheeler
Reviewed June 26, 2012

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our 2 night stay at Mill House, Mrs Downey very pleasant, our room (no 7) was very nice overlooking the garden, breakfast was very good. Will certainly visit again when in the area.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Lordeb
Reviewed September 9, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Mill House for 4 nights of our holiday in Norfolk. My thoughts completely echo that of the previous reviewer but I would like to add one thing - we found the owner to be very unfriendly, which is a shame as it marred our stay slightly. Saying that though, it is still a great place to stay in all other aspects and for £70 a night including breakfast for a kingsize room in August, it is a total bargain.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JaneyC16

Hello,

We are making so many improvements all of the time, whilst trying to retain the charm of this lovely old building. We have a very exciting future planned.
We can promise you that a friendly welcome is right at the top of our list of priorities!
Please do give us a call on 01328 710739 if you would ever like to return and give Mill House another go!

Reviewed July 18, 2011

We stayed at the Mill House on a last minute Saturday trip in July. All the other places were booked up so this was our last try. The B&B was clean, large roomed and with a comfortable bed. The decor was a bit dated and didn't have all of those little touches that mean 4 or 5 stars, but, was a nic place to stay, close to the harbour and with a good quality basic full english breakfast. Not a bad price for the time of year.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple