“Delicious”
Review of The Chase

The Chase
Ranked #14 of 67 Restaurants in Thetford
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are a family friendly pub/restaurant with amazing daily deals.
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Delicious”
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

Food is always spot on here, fast service & well priced. Friendly helpful staff with a good atmosphere.

Thetford, United Kingdom
“Appearances can be deceptive”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

My son was visiting from overseas so we thought lunch out would be a treat. The building looks very good so does the interior. But, there weren't enough staff so service was very slow and cleanliness was poor.
When our food finally arrived, I had a chicken dish which was just about passable. My son had a steak which was badly cooked, cold and tough as old boots.
We will never go there again

• Visited October 2013
Norfolk, United Kingdom
“Dump”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Went for a family meal tonight the place was Dirty and flys every were when the food come out my Husbands curry was stone cold. We told the waiter who took it back my the time thay had brought a fresh one out we had all finished our meals so we told them to take it away we was not even offered a glass of coke as a sorry would never eat in there again and would tell any one to STAY well away from the place it's a dump and needs a good clean

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Manfs73
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst meal for a long time”
Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

Such a shame....on arrival we were greeted very warmly by the batman who seems to know what he's doing, we ordered 2 sirloin steaks from the outrageously strange menu as we were very hungry. We had to ask for our table to be cleaned as most of the tables were filthy along with our table and benches after she cleaned them. Cutlery came out to us in filthy buckets with sauce all over it!! Food arrived fairly quickly and to say our sirloins were chewy and over cooked is a huge understatement. Chewy, fatty and very poor value with our plates absolutely swimming in fat which we had to mop up with napkins...There was no care for detail in our meals at all and I understand the meals are cheap but that does not excuse such a poor quality dish at £10.
We moved to deserts and Roger Federer would have been able to play tennis with the cheesecake we ordered. Hard, bland and again, very disappointing.
Such a shame when a place like this could be a gold mine and have a huge potential ahead if they had a lot more care for food, service and their customers

1 Thank AhlieWood
Diss, United Kingdom
“Lunch with Snoop Dogg”
Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend, son and I came to your restaurant recently for a post walk lunch. We had specifically chosen to eat there as we wanted a casual 'no fuss' meal and were expecting the 2 year old to be tired and grumpy and so thought a family friendly establishment was our best option.
We have eaten here before and by no means was I expecting a fine dining experience and considering how cheap your prices are it would take a lot for me to complain but in this case I believe it needs to be done.

We were sat at a table with a TV (not something I would usually allow my toddler to experience, since we quite like actually communicating with him over a meal but I had already man handled him kicking and screaming into the highchair before I noticed and well...pick your battles and all that) but this turned out irrelevant anyway since we were also seated right beside a speaker which was very loudly playing a playlist full of very inappropriate songs. I don't know what was worse, the way my son was staring oogle eyed at a television screen at a dinner table or the fact my boyfriend was dancing along to 'who f**** tonight ugh ugh' from the speakers.

Luckily we started a game of counting the swear words which killed some time while we waited for you to microwave our frozen meals. I had a curry, with a burnt poppodum, which all looked a bit sorry for itself but at this stage so did we so I suppose it fit right in.

I know what to expect at a restaurant like this, I wasn't expecting great food or service, just a quick convenient lunch before we dashed home for my favourite time of the day...my sons nap time. But surely it's in bad taste to play 'offensive' music so loudly in a child friendly place. If my son had been any older and more likely to understand the meaning and context of the songs we probably would have either had to leave or explain exactly what 50 cent really meant by 'I'll let you lick my lollipop'

I hope after reading this email you can perhaps have a chat to your staff about what music to play in a restaurant and also at what volume it's appropriate. Perhaps a small reminder that while everyone enjoys a little rap sing along with Eminem (I personally have 'Lose Yourself' down to a perfect art) that it's best performed in the privacy of your own home and not at work where young children with sponge like brains are busy soaking up new words.

However should my son go on to be a rapping, gold chain wearing superstar I'll ensure he knows the roots of his rap beginnings, the hungry horse in Thetford.

3 Thank mandbc55