“Typical Premier Inn restaurant & bar, clean, tidy value for money.”
Review of The Warrener

The Warrener
Ranked #10 of 69 Restaurants in Thetford
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

We went there in a large group for Mothering Sunday. There were 15 of us & although the restaurant was very busy the staff were excellent. We had a very good time the only criticism was that a couple of the meals had been left standing and were hot but had dried out.
This has not always been the case when I have eaten there before but it was a very busy day.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

Looking around where we were seated the skirting boards, interior widows ledges etc were filthy and obviously hadn't been cleaned for a long time. There was a knife on the floor, which staff walked over, all the time we were there. Food - when it eventually arrived was very poor - even at their prices for the quality it was greatly overpriced. There were an abundance of flies bothering us and the heat in the 'restaurant' (and I use the word very loosely) was stifling. Cutlery wasn't exactly sparkling clean either. Whoever manages this place needs to get their act together big time! If I could give it a 'minus' score I would.

Reviewed April 1, 2014

Next door to the Premier Inn Thetford this is a fairly busy, new looking budget eatery.

Friendly and efficient service from Chelsea tonight but the food lets it down badly. I'm sure the food team at head office did their best at a cost price point but it's poor quality, low spec, uninteresting, cheap, bland food. Handy if you like that sort of thing.

Asian Chicken Salad £6.99 - about 1/5 of a chicken breast in tiny pieces, some leaves and a load of cooking oil all over it. Avoid. Horribly greasy, probably more calories than anything else on the menu with all that oil. A trace of sesame oil mixed in but otherwise a terrible dish.

Half Roast Chicken £9.99 - a microscopic trace of 'spicy hot glaze' which I could just about see but not taste on a thoroughly overcooked piece of very dead chicken. Perhaps it had been cooked / defrosted a few hours beforehand. Wouldn't order this again. I quite liked the crockery though.

In fairness, neither dish was to spec which didn't help.

There's a Hungry House just down the road and, if I was in the market for a budget meal next time (you know, sometimes you just can't help yourself!) I'd go there instead.

In summary: Cheap and cheerful, friendly and pleasant service, cheap food which was a bit tasteless. Not a terrible visit by any means however not my idea of a good eatery but, hey, I'm entitled to an opinion aren't I? As my feelings about this place are partly down to me and not them I've not been unfairly harsh on the rating. Handy for the Premier Inn next door.

Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

Friendly staff that were nicely attentive. Nice big portions, well priced. Very good kids menu. Food was okay, delicious skinny fries & amazing cookie cup.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

Very nice atmosphere and good service but the menu is annoying as they change it for no apparent reason on a regular basis and so if you go in for chocolate pudding and it doesn't appear on the current menu then hard luck.