“Great Staff, excellent service” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Thetford Hotel
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Thetford
Northants
“Great Staff, excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

I travel a lot for work and most of the time stay in Premier Inn's and to be fair they are more or less all the same, however I felt that I needed to write a review on this one. I stayed here for 2 nights on business. Firstly the staff here are excellent. Upon arrival I was checking in the same time as a group of guys, and the receptionist was very discrete by not revealing my room number (a woman traveling on my own) which I thought was excellent. When I got to my room it was what I have come to expect from a Premier Inn, however this one was slightly larger than normal in size with only a small heater on the wall. Due to the cold snap the room was pretty cold, but upon commenting this to the receptionist she brought a heater up to the room which made a huge difference. I ate in the pub attached to the hotel both nights and again could not fault the staff. The lady serving behind the bar was very friendly and made an effort to have a chat and a laugh with the customers, the waitress's were very polite and efficient and I had two lovely meals both nights. Overall I had a very enjoyable stay at this hotel and would have no problem staying here again.

Room Tip: Try and ask for a room facing the car park as much quieter than a front room facing the main road.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Sunshine1041
Dee H, Cluster Sales Manager at Premier Inn Thetford Hotel, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Many thanks for taking the time to review and for your great comments.

I'm so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and received excellent customer service from our Team and wanted to write a review on this occasion, thank you. I'll be delighted to pass your comments on and I do hope we'll be able to welcome you back again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Stevenage, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have been working near this hotel for the last 4 days and decided not to stay at the normal hell hole at Kings lynne Freebridge fram.
I walked in the door and the staff where all helpfull and a joy to deal with. The meals was just right. Im not looking for 5 * hotels or food just comfort and fair vaule for money. This Hotel dose just that.
Well done to all the staff and I will be back there to stay again soon. THANK YOU.

Room Tip: Get a room on the car park side as the road noise can get a bit to much.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank William W
Many thanks for taking the time to review and for your great comments.

I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, the food in our Table Table Restaurant and received great customer service, I'll be very happy to pass your comments over to our Team. Please don't hesitate to contact me via our Thetford Premier Inn if you would like to discuss your experience at Kings Lynn, I'll be happy to hear from you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Thetford again soon!
Lowestoft, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

We stayed her last weekend and the hotel was comfortable and clean, however on entering reception we had to wait quite a while before we were acknowledged, the receptionist was busy trying to get a taxi for another guest, a smile and a nod and perhaps "I'll be with you as soon as I can" would have been the thing to do. In the end, the guest she was helping said she should see to us and he would come back later. She was very friendly and helpful when she did get round to checking us in though.
Another thing, in a double room, in fact what could have been a family room as there was a spare single put you up, to only have one chair is not enough really. And that is a very hard wooden chair.
Finally we decided to eat in the restaurant attached to the hotel as it was extremely cold and we could not face going out again, the starter was very nice, crispy mushrooms with a dip but the main courses were very disappointing, my partner had cold chips and peas and my veggie burger was tasteless, my partner complained and she did discount the bill however. The staff were extremely helpful and very friendly and the wine list was very good.
I would stay here again if I had to be in Thetford but I would eat elsewhere, and to be fair we only paid £29 for the room!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Trish B
Hastings, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

Stayed here for one night the rom was very good although the location (above the kitchen extraction unit) made for an uncomfortable nights sleep. I reccoment the restaurant, food and staff, they were excellent

Room Tip: Do not advise a room above the kitchen
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Shirley D
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

thank you premier inn and staff for a very enjoyable 2 night stay in thetford. the facilities and room were squeaky clean and very comfortable. a good balance in the room of facilities (including a hairdryer) and fab TV. clean and comfy bedding and we all slept well. had my partner and daughter with me too. we all agree premier inn in future. thank you team.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank cal_mick
Somerset, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

Everything I expect from a "chain" hotel. Clean warm room. Helpful enthusiastic staff. Surprisingly quiet both inside and outside the hotel. We would defineitly stay there again. Why oh why am I required to add more words to my review - must put some people off bothering at all

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Gladys52
Dee H, Cluster Sales Manager at Premier Inn Thetford Hotel, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you so much to taking the time to review and for your great comments. We're very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and were warm and comfortable in your room and happy with the customer service you recieved from our Team.

i do hope we'll be able to welcome you back again soon.
Littlehampton, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

No complaints whatsoever about the hotel. Staff friendly and helpful and hotel very comfortable. We stayed in a room overlooking the car park and it was very quiet.

However.......we did eat in the restaurant and have to say that the food was diabolical!! I would have prefered to eat in a fast food outlet than eat there again. Overcooked and uninspiring food, husband said his piece of fish resembled the sole of a shoe. What a shame that the restaurant lets this place down.

Room Tip: Overlooking the car park
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Vanessa S
Dee H, Cluster Sales Manager at Premier Inn Thetford Hotel, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Many thanks for taking the time to review and for your comments.

I'm pleased to hear that your enjoyed your stay with us at the Hotel but sorry that you didn't enjoy your meal in our Restaurant. I will pass your comments over to the Restaurant General Manager and I do hope this isolated incident won't deter you form staying with us again.

I do hope we can welcome you back again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Thetford
The Thomas Paine Hotel
#1 of 1 in Brandon
Lynford Hall
Lynford Hall
#2 of 2 in Mundford

Been to Premier Inn Thetford Hotel? Share your experiences!