“Couldn't have looked after us any better, fantastic wedding celebration!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Mulberry

The Mulberry
Ranked #1 of 67 Restaurants in Thetford
Cuisines: British, European
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Couldn't have looked after us any better, fantastic wedding celebration!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

Visited for the first time in April for the wedding of two of my dearest friends. This place just feels right from the moment you walk in, beautifully decorated and furnished and the staff couldn't be more friendly. Our every need was catered to and nothing was too much trouble. The food was absolutely amazing and we were all served quickly, not easy to do for a group of 40 plus people. The Mulberry is an absolute delight and I will certainly be going back! Thanks for a fabulous day.

• Visited April 2013

Bradford, United Kingdom
“Brilliant experience from start to finish...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

Always a joy to find a top class eaterie that makes a meal into an experience and the Mulberry definitely falls into this category. A handy town centre location with plenty of parking nearby, this is a venue that really does get it right on almost every front...from the very friendly and engaging customer service to the innovation shown on the menu this is a restaurant that could easily be knocking on the door of Mr Michelin requesting a star. When every mouthful is a joy to behold you know you've landed somewhere special...I had the chicken pate starter followed by a succulent pork dish that was sublime..an orange and walnut tart dessert rounded it off perfectly..my partner went for the scallops, Barnsley chop and a delectable chocolate dessert...which I had to test of course! The cost for three courses for two plus drinks came in at just over 60 quid..excellent value for 2 hour dining experience.. Overall very impressed...this place offers one of the most innovative menu selections in the region and is well worth a visit...we shall return soon!

• Visited June 2013
East Anglia
“Onwards and Upwards”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

I first reviewed this restaurant on 20th Jan 2012 (please look and the compare).
On returning nearly 18 months later I can report with confidence that a lot of the niggles I had at the time have been addressed.
The "pile it high" concept has been ditched with the emphasis now on fresh seasonal ingredients. Portions and presentation are attractive. Front of house is still friendly and attentive to your needs without getting in your face.
The wine selections are very approachable both in terms of price and selection. I am very sniffy about exorbitant mark ups. (another tick!)
Whether you are a couple, family or even a wedding party , everybody will do their very best to ensure that everything is to your liking.
One titchy little criticism - the meat is of such good quality that the restaurant should now be able to name the source on the menu.
We shall NOT be waiting another 18 months before we return!!!!

• Visited June 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“You just have to eat here!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

We are so lucky to have this wonderful restaurant in our home town. We visit frequently and every time experience top class food with top class service. Karen, Mark and their team have got it just right and we cannot speak highly enough of them and their delicious menu. We enjoy eating out and travel far and wide to experience different places but we have honestly found that nothing tops The Mulberry. We cannot recommend it highly enough.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Rachel E
uk
“MUST VISIT!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

I recently had my first visit to The Mulberry and what a fantastic experience it was! My friends were celebrating their civil partnership and they had their wedding breakfast there.
I thought the food was top notch, it was presented beautifully and tasted amazing. The setting was so warm and relaxing and made for perfect photographic backdrops.
The staff were all very friendly and professional and nothing was too much trouble for them.
I would recommend this venue to anyone - you won't be disappointed.

• Visited March 2013