“Excellent meal”

Turner's Restaurant
Ranked #122 of 201 Restaurants in King's Lynn
Cuisines: European, British
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Turners Restaurant is located within The Legacy Dukes Head Hotel and has recently been awarded a Rosette by the AA for its food and service.
Reviewed April 4, 2014

First class meal nothing to dislike staff very professional nothing to much trouble , I would recommend to anyone

David W, General Manager at Turner's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

Dear Lesleyfarmers

Thank you so much for posting a lovely review on Trip Advisor.

We all look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best wishes

Reviewed March 31, 2014

Dropped in for hot drinks. ordered coffee and a Danish pastry. Strangely the Danish had been reheated and this spoilt them, is this normal to reheat Danish pasties?

1  Thank Fenlandier

Dear Fenlandier

Thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor.

I was sorry to read that you felt the Danish pastry was reheated as our Danish pastries are cooked fresh every morning as we offer them at breakfast as well as on our daily menu.

I am sure if you had informed us of this at the time we would have gladly resolved this for you.

I hope that you will visit us again soon.

Best regards.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

good menu, well cooked & presented, good size portions. Excellent food for great value. Good service

1  Thank sallylandchrisa

Dear sallylandchrisa

Thank you for posting a lovely review of your visit on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to read that you found the food and service to be good and moreover of very good value.

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

The menu is not extensive, but there should be something to satisfy most appetites. I very much enjoyed the fish and even had room for a starter and dessert.

1  Thank damasinnas

Dear damasinnas

Thank you for submitting a lovely review of your visit on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to read that you had enjoyed your meal, especially the fish. I am pleased to announce that our new A la Carte menu will be available soon and will sit aside our popular daily menu, so more innovative and creative dishes to choose from.

I look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Booked Christmas lunch for the two of us, as our preferred choice local Hotel/restaurant (King's Head, Great Bircham) booked up for Christmas Day in September.

The pre-lunch champagne was really excellent, as were the "sea-food and vodka" shots. Starters were pretty well OK, but the turkey, particularly my wife's, was very dry and getting extra gravy required a number of requests (we then got it twice) and cranberry sauce (three lots eventually). The Christmas pud was just a small disc with some brandy sauce.

I cannot really blame the hotel for the lack of atmosphere - it is not their fault a lot of people hadn't. like us, anyone to share Christmas Day with - although they used three rooms for dining and I think the people in our room drew the short straw.

A pity. We have stayed in rooms at the hotel and eaten breakfast their in the past and it has been excellent.

1  Thank John and Susan L

Dear John and Susan L

Thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for this late response, but as Trip Advisor have recently merged some listings this review has only just arrived.

I was sorry to read that you had not thoroughly enjoyed your Christmas day lunch experience with us as you felt the turkey was dry and that the rooms lacked atmosphere.

On the day in question we served over 120 guests who told us they had thoroughly enjoyed their meals, the pianist and the gift of homemade chocolates in homemade presentation boxes, however I am really sorry if your experience was not the same.

Here at the Dukes Head we take all comments very seriously on board and I will of course pass these on to the chef to ensure that next Christmas the turkey served is moist and flavoursome to every table.

I sincerely hope that you will return as I am sure you will have a lovely time.