All reviews the pub dyson fan wetherspoons hotels corn exchange bottled water market square car park first floor reception staff town centre tuesday market place excellent value for money single room nice room central location old building biscuits
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Overnight stay, good location, warm friendly welcome from the staff
Spacious room, bottles of water, biscuits and plenty of tea and coffee provided
Comfy beds and spotlessly clean
Very reasonable
Would recommend

Date of stay: September 2019
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Ideally located next to the Tuesday market place and with easy walking to the rest of Lynn this proved an ideal, inexpensive base to explore Lynn's alcoholic offerings this last weekend.

Standard JD Wetherspoons fare and choice of drinks. Gets a bit busy at times but at least it's quiet even though it's on a corner of three roads.

The hotel is also good and the staff were very friendly and helpful.

Globe H, Manager at Globe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear MarcusStafford

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on your recent overnight stay with us. We welcome all feedback so we can strive to improve our service.
The hotel team work hard to deliver clean, comfortable accommodation in a friendly and welcoming atmosphere, and we are delighted you found our staff friendly and helpful, this is a point of pride for us.

Once again thank you for your comments
We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future where we are sure you will have an equally enjoyable stay.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Great location. Parking, no problem overnight in the main square. Reception staff very helpful. Old building & tired bar area (good bar staff). Room spotlessly clean, with everything you may require (free tea, coffee, water, hair dryer, iron etc. For the price, excellent value. This is the fourth Wetherspoons hotel we have visited and will not be the last, but this was not one of the nicest ones. Still worth the money though.

Date of stay: September 2019
Globe H, Hotel Team Leader at Globe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Ceswican

Thank you for sparing the time to post your feedback of your recent overnight stay with us.
We really appreciate all feedback so we can strive to improve our service.
We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed August 30, 2019

My stay was for one night, thank goodness. Wetherspoons were given the opportunity to address the following issues but It is obvious from their Customers Complaints dept that they take little or no notice of any complaints, so if you do decide to stay after reading my little story, and you have another unpleasant experience, do not waste your time by complaining just write directly to Tripadvisor.

To begin, the Wetherspoons website was having a "blip" according to staff when I called them to explain I could not complete my booking online, so I booked my room with the staff over the phone. When I got my acknowledgement I noticed it was the wrong date, so another call to correct the date, no apology or anything, accused me of giving the wrong day and then the Globe Hotel staff charged me £69.00. When I reviewed the website page I noticed that there was a choice of a £58.00 payment but with no cancellation option.

When I queried the amount at the hotel reception I was told that the website prices are not accepted when the bookings are made over the phone. This is despite the fault being with Wetherspoons website. I explained I had tried using Safari and Firefox only to be told, we have no authority to change charges, that will need to be done via the hotel manager who could be contacted at the bar.

I spoke to the bar staff, explained the issues, they spoke to the hotel manager, but she merely sent a reply via her staff, too busy it seems to leave her office. My request re the £11.00 refund was answered "NO".

The room was clean, but no air conditioning, the window only opened about 4 inches, safety reason the sign said. TV in room but if you want to view it in bed, then you need an eight foot neck that twists at 90 degrees. It was on the wall facing the side of the bed, at the bottom of the bed.

A real shock was the socket at the bedside table, Travel Lodge, Premier Travel Inns and Western Hotels all provide USB or standard sockets to charge your mobile devices at your bedside, very helpful for morning alarms etc. Not the Globe Hotel, this hotel fitted a bedside socket for ROUND plugs only. So if you want to check the time, switch off your alarm, its a get out of bed and cross the room job.

Now to the food.

The food I ordered was delivered with the bacon half cooked and the tasteless chicken, child portion in my opinion covered in a BBQ sauce. Now I know why the BBQ sauce is added. As for the cheese, well I gave up searching after about 10 seconds. The pudding, well the apples were a bit chewy and the crumble half cooked as well.

In order to ensure my health I had my breakfast at Greggs in the morning, despite the offer of a free breakfast, offered to me when I booked out in the morning. To my thinking it was a feeble attempt to pacify me by the hotel management. Perhaps the message will be received and understood, guests with complaints should be dealt with a manager, not left to (bar) staff whose abilities are lacking in customer protocols, i.e. just a sorry no, end of complaint in their opinion.

The costs for the room (single) was a princely sum of £69. For another £5 extra I could have had a nice clean double bed, air conditioning and been able to watch TV lying on my bed at the Travel Lodge and no hassle with bookings. Several other hotels and B&B exist so my advice is to look elsewhere.

Guess where my next stay will NOT be.

If Wetherspoons actually want to provide a decent product then stick to the real ales.

From the complaints I have read on the internet, it would appear to be a chain of food and accommodation to avoid as I will in the future.

Perhaps it might be better if Tim Wetherspoon stopped going on about Brexit and concentrate on fixing his own business interests first as people will listen more intensely to successful entrepreneurs who provide a first class product.

This was my first time in a Wetherspoons hotel, certain members of staff were excellent, pity the managers had not received the same level of training.

Pictures were taken as proof of my comments.

Room tip: Book with Travel Lodge
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear GalaRob

Thank you for sparing the time to post your comments of your one night stay with us.
We welcome feedback, both good and bad, as this helps us to improve our services. Your comments and observations regarding the room you stayed in and the fixtures, fittings and facilities have been noted and passed on accordingly, following which appropriate action will be taken where necessary. We would of happily offered you an alternative room if you had of given us the opportunity to address your comments during your stay. The hotel is manned 24 hours a day and staff can be contacted either by phone from the hotel room, or in person at the reception.
Our sockets for the bed side lamps are the circular sockets, however underneath we do have additional sockets by the bedside tables, for guests to use for phone chargers etc.
We are sure that if you had spoken with the duty manager about your meal at the time, they would have been happy to arrange a replacement meal or a refund.
Once again thank you for your feedback.
Regards

Reviewed August 29, 2019

Our room had everything we needed and was very clean. The hotel is in a fantastic location with the town centre close by. There is a cheap car park opposite the hotel which was a bonus. As expected the food was good value.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Globe H, Hotel Team Leader at Globe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2019

Dear joannen936

We really appreciate you sparing the time to post your feedback of your recent stay with us. Thank you.
The hotel team work hard to deliver clean, comfortable accommodation in a friendly and welcoming atmosphere.
We hope to welcome you back to the hotel again, where we are sure you will have an equally enjoyable stay.

Once again thank you for your comments and for choosing to stay with us.

Lou