“Awful”

Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Reheated food at its best. Simply awful. Grumpy staff and slow service. I would not recommend this establishment to anybody

Reviewed September 19, 2013

We love Turkish food and always try to hunt it down wherever we are because the places that serve it are usually informal, friendly and relaxed. Thank heavens for Trip Advisor or we could quite easily have missed Ali’s as it looks like a million other kebab shops from the outside. It’s not - it’s an absolute gem and like other reviewers we found Ali himself to be an absolute star. His persona is hugely welcoming without being cloying – he’s just a really nice, genuine chap. His food is gorgeous – we had a terrific meal washed down with Turkish Effe and wine.

The quality of everything was really outstanding and the prices… well, he could charge a lot more. Highly recommended !

Reviewed August 28, 2013

We recently moved house and wanted to grab something tasty and fairly quick in a friendly and relaxing atmosphere. Ali's sprang to mind! We took my parents and as there were 4 of us we decided to have the hummus and bread to start and a 'selection' of kebabs for the mains left up to the chef.

The hummus and grilled bread was delicious and came with a well seasoned salad. the mains came and although we didn't know what styles they all were, were extremely tasty and came with another different, but equally tasty salad with feta cheese amongst other things. It was just what the doctor ordered and I couldn't have been happier with the food, service and quality of everything.

It was very reasonably priced as well, and the Efes beer was also superb! Just remembering it makes me want to go back! :)

Thanks Ali and team.

Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

Been here a few times and always enjoyed the food but tonight was truly special! My son and his friends and I went for a birthday tea, there were 13 of us descended on poor unsuspecting Ali, he made us feel very welcome, a few of the boys tried to get thru ali's burger challenge and failed but all the food was gorgeous and plenty of it! Can't wait to go back especially for his lush pizza!!

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Feeling rather Peckish the other day my self and my wife and daughter decided to re visit the food of our honeymoon. After meaning to go to Ali's for quite some time we decided that it was the day to do it. We perused the menu for some time but could not decide on what to have (it all seemed so nice), the lovely lady cooking gave us some suggestions that we gladly took up.
It was amazing, it tasted just like we remembered from our Honeymoon, both me and my wife were over the moon with the food and the service and atmosphere are second to none. I highly recommend this eatery to anyone visiting the area or living in it as we do and I know we will be eating there again shortly.