“A relaxing haven of peace....”

Gooderstone Water Gardens & Nature Trails
Ranked #6 of 47 things to do in King's Lynn
Norfolk
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“A relaxing haven of peace....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

We took mum out for the afternoon & couldn't have picked a better place to wander & enjoy the tranquility of its surroundings,we did try our luck at seeing the kingfisher & although a couple had seen it in the morning we reckon it was sitting in a deckchair under the hide laughing his head off at us all but the walks more than made up for us not seeing him & at the end coffee & cake in a lovely little tea room finished the afternoon off nicely,there are also before & after photographs in an album plus how it all started off...... will be going back.

2 Thank AmyNorfolk

King's Lynn, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Charming”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

Visited the gardens with my husband and two dogs. It was charming and peaceful. My husband does not spend much time looking at plants etc and with the dogs as well I felt I did not do the place justice. I fully intend to return with a friend so we can sit on one of the many benches, relax, chat and take in the beautiful surroundings. Then sit quietly in the bird hide waiting for the kingfisher to grace us with his presence.
The cafe was staffed by very friendly ladies and we had a good cup of coffee and even better slice of coffee and walnut cake.
I would recommend it if you feel you want to escape the stresses and strains of everyday life.

2 Thank VivienneM469
Brighton
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Peaceful and relaxing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Whilst they aren't the biggest gardens I've been to, they are very nice and peacefull. 6 quid entry and devoid of screening kids when I went. Highlight has to be the bird hide, where if you are patient, kingfishers appear on strategically planted poles in the water close to the hide. Although out of season there are enough plants in bloom and interesting water features to look at. The nature walk was nice enough but it's probably better in summer.

Norwich, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“what a meander”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

beautiful setting nice lot of chairs lovely water gardens and good cake too would recommend to go late july early august to see the water lilies at their best

Visited August 2013
1 Thank snowdrop4
King's Lynn, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Thought it was Monet's garden for a moment.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

My partner has some mobility problems and this was the first trip with the new mobility scooter as she had always wanted to visit. Very pleased that it was accessible to the scooter, although I did wonder how we would have managed if there had been a wet spell, in some areas. We had lovely visit; it is so natural & peaceful; well kept but not manicured. There were butterflies galore and obviously planted to attract wild life. There was a boardwalk to the kingfisher hide which we could get down, although turning was difficult. Did not see a kingfisher, but were intrigued by a family of young wrens just outside the hide & an egret in the lake. Not wheelchair/scooter accessible on the rest of that side of the river or through the nature trail, but lovely walk for me. To round off we visited the café and spoilt for choice on the homemade cakes. It is lovely & hidden in the garden and would suffice if you spent a day there.

Visited August 2013