This is a lovely old building in a very nice location, just off a large square in King's Lynn with some nice old building in the area. It is an upmarket hotel, very nice furnishings, friendly and helpful staff, very good service.
Room was very small, but clean and everything worked. Bed was very small to such an extent that it was a little uncomfortable, but still managed to get my leg over. Well, I guess I might have dreamt it!!
Room was very warm even though it was not particular hot outside, could not get it cool and no air conditioning. This also applied to the breakfast room, which was so hot as to be uncomfortable and made me rush my breakfast.
There is a small car park at the rear of the hotel, a real plus.
There is not a lift in the section we stayed in, could be an issue.
Would we stay here again? Possibly, depending upon the rate and time of year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of King's Lynn old town and overlooking the historic market place, the Duke's Head is perfect for discovering what Norfolk has to offer to the business and leisure traveller. Since Georgian times, this impressive classical building has welcomed visitors including Princess Victoria and Sir Robert Walpole (generally considered to be the first Prime Minister of Great Britain) in considerable comfort and style.Its location overlooking the ancient market place in the centre of King's Lynn would have denoted its importance in a town peppered with fine historic buildings. The Duke's Head is located walking distance away from King's Lynn station, nightlife, restaurants, bars and leisure club. Kings Lynn is serviced by regular trains to London and serves as an ideal location for discovering Norfolk. North Norfolk is an ideal tourist destination. Whether you enjoy the lively atmosphere and entertainment offered by traditional seaside resorts, the tranquility of the small fishing villages, which spring to life at high tide, you can't help but be impressed by the beautiful coastline and the fascinating history of its towns. The Hotel has recently benefited from a 3 million pound refurbishment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your The Dukes Head Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elizabeth Dukes Head Hotel
- Dukes Head Kings Lynn
- The Dukes Head Hotel UK/Norfolk