The Dukes Head Hotel
Stuart House Hotel(King's Lynn)(Great Value!)
$151
$57
$266
The Ffolkes Hotel(King's Lynn)
$97
Knights Hill Hotel & Spa(King's Lynn)(Great Value!)
$139
$131
Priceline
Premier Inn Kings Lynn(King's Lynn)(Great Value!)
$66
PremierInn.com
Travelodge Kings Lynn hotel(King's Lynn)(Great Value!)
$62
Travelodge
1,177 results
All reviewsthe hotel car parktravelzoo dealturners restaurantcocktail barclassic roommarket squarefeature roomcream tealovely hoteloverlooking the squaretuesday market placecourse evening mealafternoon teawaiting staffcentre of towncorn exchangebreakfast room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 9, 2013

We stayed here on a friday and saturday night and were disappointed to see a very small car park that was completely full. We had to park in a car park down the street and get up at 8am the next day to move it as the ticket automatically runs out then.
The room itself was fine but the tv was not tuned in, we did that ourself. The shower was weak and only lukewarm and there was no bath. The worst part was that we left our "Please clean room" label on the door handle after our first night and went out for the day. When we got back at 6pm, the bed hadn't been made and we had no fresh towels; it was obvious that nobody had been in the room. We had a table booked in a restaurant in town at 7pm so had no time to complain and pop out while they came to sort it out. This was really disappointing service.
The ground floor of the hotel is lovely but as soon as you go through the doors to the accommodation, it goes downhill. It was centrally located which was really convenient but for the money we paid, I expected more. If we visit Kings Lynn in the future we'll try somewhere else to stay, overall we really weren't impressed by The Duke's Head.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
David W, General Manager at The Dukes Head Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

Dear KalexPlymouth_Devon

Thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor.

I was very sorry to read that during your stay you had experienced some issues with your room, but as you say yourself, you did not mention any of them to us so there was very little we could have done to resolve them. Your comments regarding placing the 'Please service room' label on your door handle was actually positioned on the door the other way around so actually said 'Do not Disturb' and this is why your room was not serviced.

I am sorry to read that you will not stay with us again, but hope that in time you will.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed December 8, 2013

We got a special deal, which was very nice. However the hotel seemed to be very understaffed for this time of year, which put a lot of pressure on the staff working. We had to change rooms as the noise from the pub next door meant we couldn't sleep. We changed to an even noisier room. The manager was very helpful and did move us again (well me my husband wouldn't move again). I would say if you're a light sleeper ask to go either on the inner part of the old hotel, and floor 3 and above in the new part. Knowing all of this we would probably go back when it's not so busy. The staff available were very nice, and the food was good. The hotel is charming and full of history. There isn't much parking. So we parked outside and forgot to change our ticket, getting us a £25.00 fine. Be careful you have to pay sundays and BH

Room Tip: Ask to be on the inner part of the old hotel. Floor 3 and above in the new part (much quieter). This is however party season so that probably accounted to much of the noise.

Dear Kerryjr r

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor, and please accept my apologies that you were disturbed by noise from an adjacent public house. I would also like to apologise if we seemed understaffed.

I was, however, delighted to read your comments regarding my Manager and the staff in general as it is they who make the real difference.

I hope you will come and visit us again soon, and perhaps you could ask for one of our Classic or Feature rooms which are located in the old part of the building.

Kindest regards

Reviewed December 8, 2013

We booked because we had a good deal and it is such a joy to be given a room that is not shoved at the back of the hotel - our room was very pleasant and in the old part of the building. We had a comfortable good sized bed, good clean bathroom and plenty of work space - although we would have appreciated a light by the desk as we found it quite dark to use a computer with no light nearby.

Part of the deal was a cream tea and a glass of Bucks Fizz although we had to ask for it at Reception as we were not offered the cream tea on arrival. This was lovely and so appreciated by us. We had a really lovely dinner as well, the quality and presentation of the 3 course meal was of a very high standard with excellent service.

We are normally early breakfast eaters so the dining area was empty when we came in. We enjoyed the breakfast although you had to hunt for the danish pastries!! but the coffee came in a cafetiere and the full English was fine - no complaints.

For me, being only a few yards from the main shopping area with M&S, Debenhams and all major stores was such a bonus and great for shopping this time of the year.

Parking was free which is also a major bonus and we had no problems finding a space.

We would definitely come again, the offer was exceptionally good value and lived up to expectations.

Thanks for a great mini break.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the original building rather than the new extension.

Dear crunchieH

Thank you so much for posting a review of our hotel on Trip Advisor, I was delighted to read that you had enjoyed your stay and that you would like to come and visit us again in the future.

Be sure to keep an eye out for future deals.

My very best wishes

Reviewed November 29, 2013

We stayed at this hotel using a Travelzoo voucher; Afternoon tea, dinner, bed and breakfast. The afternoon tea consisting of glass of bucks fizz, tea and a scone with jam and cream was lovely. The scones were large and warm with heaps of clotted cream. The evening meal was excellent, all courses thoroughly delicious, well cooked and well presented. The wine was reasonably priced as well. Our room was very nicely decorated and well furnished, bathroom nice but a bit small and needed better lighting. Breakfast was good and service all round very good. We enjoy exploring Kings Lynn and shopping!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sylvia1362
David W, General Manager at The Dukes Head Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Dear Sylvia 1362

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor, I was delighted to read that you had made good use of our Travelzoo offer and that you had enjoyed your stay with us.

Keep an eye out for future deals, and come and stay with us again soon.

Kindest regards.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

3 night business stay in late Nov 2013. First problem is parking the car in the pathetically small car park - not enough slots for the number of rooms and a terrible layout making parking tricky. Reception staff generally fine.

Good public rooms overall although the dining room was empty every time I passed it - what that says about the food/service I'll not comment on except to say it didn't entice me to enter as a single traveller.

My room was in the newer extension and had everything I would expect from a hotel room, including a good level of cleanliness. One suggestion though, the shower needs a rack installing so that there is somehere to place soaps and shampoos whilst taking a shower other than on the shower floor where they are out of reach and liaiable to be stepped on or kicked.

On all 3 days that I was there, due to my work pattern, I took late breakfasts between 9.30 and 10.00 and I have to agree with previous comments about food wastage. I was the only person in the breakfast room yet all trays in the buffet style breakfast were full to overflowing. The quality of the breakfast leaves a lot to be desired with the big problem being that the food is over cooked due to sitting under heat lamps for many hours. The bacon was like leather, the tomatoes were liquid and the scrambled egg had a skin on it. Perhaps a review on whether the buffet style breakfast is economical for the hotel and enticing for the customer is needed.

My biggest gripe is reserved for the noise from the function room. A disco thumping away literally outside my room is not a good memory that I'll take away with me. My room was opposite a door marked "Ballroom" and on peeking inside I found a huge function room with a party enjoying the delights of a disco. Unfortunatly I didn't enjoy it!! Complaining to reception about the increasing noise led to an offer to relocate me elsewhere in the hotel. Question for management - why place me in a room close to the ballroom in the first place if there were other quiter rooms available! I declined the offer of a room move as I was already in bed with unpacked cases and I was assured the disco would not extend beyond midnight.

To cap the noise problem from the previous night, the following morning I had a rather rude awakening at 06.10 due to a beer delivery in the narrow street next to the hotel and outside my window. The beeping of a reversing horn, the rumbling of the deisel engine but most of all the bouncing and scraping of beer kegs is an alarm call I would not recommend. Come on guys, sort this out with the brewery. Don't forget you're a hotel that's supposed to offer a decent nights sleep.

So, overall there is room for improvrment. Avoid the 100 series rooms unless you're a a late sleeper who likes to rise early!

Room Tip: Avoid the 100 series rooms.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank dfa a

Dear dfa a

Thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor and please accept my apologies that your stay was not as enjoyable as it should have been.

Our car park is indeed limited, and is on a first come first serve basis as described on our website, however, being a town centre hotel real-estate space is very limited, but there are ample parking spaces at the front of the hotel for a minimal fee of £1 overnight.

During your stay, most of our guests were attending our party nights in our function rooms, hence the fact that our restaurant was unusually quiet, we normally serve between 40 and 50 guests per night in our Turners restaurant outside of the festive season.

As for room allocation, again we allocate rooms on a first come first serve basis dependant on the room type which has been chosen, we have beautiful rooms in the older part of the building but these rooms are of a much higher rate than the one you were accommodated in, however had you have requested a classic or a feature room type you would have been allocated one of these, i am, however sorry that you were disturbed by the disco.

The beer delivery of which you speak of was for the 2 local public houses adjacent to our building, and not for us, we receive our beer delivery at 10am each Wednesday, so it is with regret that i am unable to resolve this issue.

Once again i would like to apologise for the issues which you have raised, but hope sincerely that you will be able to return and stay with us in the future, perhaps in a different room, where i am sure you will have an enjoyable stay.

My very best wishes.