A two-night stay to celebrate our Golden Wedding with our daughter and son-in-law. We had a feature room overlooking Tuesday Market Place currently undergoing a major make over (it will be quite something on completion). The room was first class, well furnished, lovely huge bed and all that one would expect from a Four Star hotel. We ate in the main dining room on both evenings and found the food to be truly wonderful on both occasions. A truly exceptional standard of cuisine. The staff in the hotel were exceptionally pleasant and helpful particularly in the restaurant (sorry again for the spilt wine!) and they made the stay most enjoyable.
And the 'but'? Breakfast on Sunday morning. Again, food excellent and staff helpful but the noise! The room is too small for the number of people all trying to move around to the self-service areas, the hard floor and wooden chairs did not combine to produce a relaxing environment. But for the breakfast scrum experience the hotel would warrant maximum marks possible. Would we stay again? Yes, without any doubt, if only to enjoy the restaurant experience again of excellent food combined with the so peasant staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of King's Lynn old town and overlooking the historic market place, the Duke's Head is perfect for discovering what Norfolk has to offer to the business and leisure traveller. Since Georgian times, this impressive classical building has welcomed visitors including Princess Victoria and Sir Robert Walpole (generally considered to be the first Prime Minister of Great Britain) in considerable comfort and style.Its location overlooking the ancient market place in the centre of King's Lynn would have denoted its importance in a town peppered with fine historic buildings. The Duke's Head is located walking distance away from King's Lynn station, nightlife, restaurants, bars and leisure club. Kings Lynn is serviced by regular trains to London and serves as an ideal location for discovering Norfolk. North Norfolk is an ideal tourist destination. Whether you enjoy the lively atmosphere and entertainment offered by traditional seaside resorts, the tranquility of the small fishing villages, which spring to life at high tide, you can't help but be impressed by the beautiful coastline and the fascinating history of its towns. The Hotel has recently benefited from a 3 million pound refurbishment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your The Dukes Head Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elizabeth Dukes Head Hotel
- Dukes Head Kings Lynn
- The Dukes Head Hotel UK/Norfolk