This hotel is ideally located in the historic centre of King's Lynn. The restaurant serves a good menu but there are many other choices for eateries nearby as well.
My room was to the rear of the hotel on the second floor. The lift was out of action, strangely this was also the case when I also stayed there last December... Had it been out of order all this time or was this just a coincidence?
The room was small. It was only just warm enough on two very cold nights, luckily the bedding was warm. The hot water was another matter, having to run both basin tap and shower for a full 10 minutes before lukewarm water came. The shower was very low pressure and delivered a very puny amount, making the experience less than pleasant. For the price of the room, one would expect a full bath!
The only redeeming features are the free WiFi and the quiet location of the rooms to the rear, as well as the pleasant staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of King's Lynn old town and overlooking the historic market place, the Duke's Head is perfect for discovering what Norfolk has to offer to the business and leisure traveller. Since Georgian times, this impressive classical building has welcomed visitors including Princess Victoria and Sir Robert Walpole (generally considered to be the first Prime Minister of Great Britain) in considerable comfort and style.Its location overlooking the ancient market place in the centre of King's Lynn would have denoted its importance in a town peppered with fine historic buildings. The Duke's Head is located walking distance away from King's Lynn station, nightlife, restaurants, bars and leisure club. Kings Lynn is serviced by regular trains to London and serves as an ideal location for discovering Norfolk. North Norfolk is an ideal tourist destination. Whether you enjoy the lively atmosphere and entertainment offered by traditional seaside resorts, the tranquility of the small fishing villages, which spring to life at high tide, you can't help but be impressed by the beautiful coastline and the fascinating history of its towns. The Hotel has recently benefited from a 3 million pound refurbishment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Dukes Head Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elizabeth Dukes Head Hotel
- Dukes Head Kings Lynn
- The Dukes Head Hotel UK/Norfolk