1,064 results
All reviews herb garden afternoon tea hot tub country house hotel garden room steam room car windscreen scones the main house wine list nespresso machine birthday treat lovely pool three courses main course norfolk countryside lamb
Selected filters
Reviewed June 1, 2019 via mobile

We arrived around midday and were told that our room was ready for us. This was a bonus as it meant that we were able to take our luggage straight to our room before we had lunch. The room was very nice with good storage, a king size bed and I was happy to see the tv had programmes in HD. Perhaps not that important for most people but being an av geek I can’t stand watching anything in blurry SD. Our bathroom was very big with a huge bath equipped with a good shower with an overhead fitting if required. After lunch we went to the pool & spa where we could use the lovely pool & sauna & steam rooms after first of all having a “Caribbean storm” shower. Nice light & sound effects in the shower. The pool & spa was very quiet and tbh I had the pool to myself for quite some time.
We were booked in for dinner and the food that we had was of a very high standard. The courses are not large but the quality of cooking was very high. On the following day we were booked in for spa treatments in the morning and afternoon. Both the facial & body massages that I had were so relaxing I was borderline dozing off. Just a wonderful hour each time that passed so quickly. In between the spa treatments we went into Kings Lynn for a look around. It’s not bad for an hour or two and had most shops that you might want including an abundance of places to eat in. There was a fruit & veg stall in the modern area with very reasonable prices. There was some building work in the centre which looks like it will be finished within a few months at most. Like most shopping centres there are a few units unoccupied but overall Kings Lynn feels ok. But we were drawn back to Congham Hall and our afternoon spa treatment. Another hour of absolute relaxation with the body massage.
We had another lovely dinner in the Hotel before returning to our room to sadly have to pack our luggage for the journey home the following morning. After a really good breakfast which had something for everyone ( including a full English breakfast) we settled up and left for a short drive to Sandringham. You can see my review on Sandringham on TripAdvisor .
I can thoroughly recommend Congham Hall if you want a totally relaxing break in a very nice part of Norfolk. A couple of the hotel staff even clean the guests car windscreens so that you have a nice clean screen for your journey home.

Date of stay: June 2019
Reviewed May 30, 2019 via mobile

We stayed overnight to celebrate our wedding anniversary.
All of the staff were friendly and efficient.
The room located across the courtyard adjacent the spa and overlooking the herb garden was well appointed. The bathroom was looking a little tired not helped by the black shower interior which was discoloured but was spacious. The free standing bath did not make cleaning easy for the housekeeping staff as they would not be able to get around it resulting in missed areas. The bedroom was large with ample sitting area and a very comfortable bed.

Dinner was excellent with a wide choice of seasonal food complimented by a very good wine list. The quirky tablet presentation of the wine list was both fun to explore but also informative and user friendly.
Breakfast also provided a wide variety of continental choice and a good cooked breakfast from the kitchen rather than buffet style which is good to see.
The main lounge lacks character and is in need of updating.
Overall a lovely stay and we hope to return as well as recommending to others.

Date of stay: April 2019
Reviewed May 30, 2019

This is our 3rd visit to this little gem of a hotel, every time we have been we have had the most wonderful time. The staff at the hotel are a real credit to the management they are always so happy and accommodating. The rooms are luxuriously decorated and the beds are so comfy. The hotel and grounds are beautiful and very peaceful.
The food in the restaurant is always top notch and the wine list is vast.
We have recommended this place to all our friends and family and they have visited and enjoyed it as much as us.
Thankyou for another fabulous stay.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 28, 2019

This was my second visit in 2 months - was so impressed the first time I just had to return.
Everything is top notch, I’d rate more 4 or 5 star, not 3!
Amazing rooms, staff all very friendly and professional. Food is amazing, very much nouveau cooking so small portions but delicious and filling. Spa facilities are lovely, clean and well looked after. Both times I’ve had a massage,, which was very good.
Not the cheapest place but we’ll worth the money.
I will definitely be returning.

Room tip: Having stayed twice, once in standard room and once in Better Garden Room, both beautiful. All rooms look lovely.
Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 26, 2019 via mobile

We spent a night at Congham Hall as we were attending events at Houghton Hall as part of the Norfolk and Norwich Festival. Really nice setting, lovely room and welcoming helpful staff. We did not eat in so did not try the evening meal, but the breakfast was excellent. The pool and spa were a real treat- especially as, at 9am on a Sunday morning we had the whole place to ourselves! I would recommend Congham Hall to anyone wanting a bit of luxury in North West Norfolk.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Julie W, General Manager at Congham Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you for taking the time to write about your overnight with us. We are so pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay here. You were very lucky having the pool to yourselves on a weekend morning, I suspect you timed it just right and that most guests were in breakfast. We hope to welcome you again.