1,053 results
All reviews herb garden afternoon tea hot tub country house hotel garden room steam room car windscreen scones the main house wine list nespresso machine birthday treat lovely pool three courses main course our wedding anniversary lamb
Selected filters
Reviewed February 13, 2017

Was lovely, the spa was very clean and tidy, staff were helpful and knowlegable. My facial was so relaxing. I went with my mum for a bit of pampering, lovely facilities, afternoon tea was excellent, really filling. Will certainly go again

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Julie W, General Manager at Congham Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2017

Thank you for sharing your spa experience at Congham and I am delighted that you and your Mum enjoyed spending the day with us

Reviewed February 13, 2017

spent another great weekend here, top staff, top service, top food and top facilities.
wishing we were back there now!!
the extra mile that every member of staff goes is so appreciated, and it makes it a special place to stay, and many other reasons beside.

Room tip: we love the woodsage garden room
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you for your comments and I am delighted you enjoyed your stay. We genuinely do want our guests to have a great time and it makes it all the more rewarding when that is noticed and appreciated

Reviewed February 13, 2017

Our room Chervil was well furnished with a nice big bed. Fresh milk was provided to got with Nespresso coffee (I am now a convert). Hot and cold running staff with consistently great attitude. We only ate breakfast as we were going out to dinner at the Hotels sister business (Three Horseshoes - just down the road) but could not fault what we had

Room tip: Worth upgrading to a 'better' room - see their website
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the trouble to comment on your visit and I am so glad you enjoyed staying in Chervil. The recently refurbished main house rooms seem to have been very well received by our guests. Do come back again soon!

Reviewed February 8, 2017

Four of us ate a celebratory evening meal; we weren't staying overnight. The food, service, and ambience were all second-to-none, and a great time was had by all.
We were greeted on arrival, had a choice of lounges with open fires for pre-dinner drinks, then ate a relaxed and excellent meal in the large restaurant. It wasn't too busy, but th service was excellent, as was the food.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Julie W, General Manager at Congham Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2017

Thank you for taking the trouble to write about your recent visit to us for dinner. We are so pleased to see that you enjoyed the food, the service and the ambience. We hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed February 6, 2017

My wife and I had a weekend away to celebrate our anniversary and my birthday in the depth of winter and it still fantastic. We were welcomed by a friendly receptionist who gave us a tour of the hotel and spa. Without going into too extensive detail - it was fantastic. The rooms were of a high standard and for the price you have all the mod cons you would expect - a smart TV, A Nespresso Machine instead of just instant coffe, high standard finishes on furntiures etc and a very comfortable bed.
The grounds and surrounding area are a delight to stroll around on foot although be warned it can get muddy in winter months/wetter days (but you can borrow their boots they offer!). The lounges are excellent with wood burning fires, games, magazines and the atmosphere is fantastically relaxing. Although we did not take our son there, it was nice to see the establishment catered well for families which was encouraging.
The food was excellent, if I was desperate to criticize, I could say the Lobster Rissoto did not have quite enough Lobster Bisque sauce and that the Chocolate Fondant was quite small with the malted milk parfait being slightly overwhelmed by the fondant - but that is it, and that is if I'm only being really fussy, but it wasn't even worth mentioning to the staff as overall it was an excellent dinner.
Breakfast was pretty fantastic too with a good rang of cold breakfast items (the muffins were exceptional really) but the freshly prepared hot breakfast was divine - cooked to order and not too big so you don't feel stuffed and if you were particularly hungry you can fill up on the muffins, pastries, cereals, yoghurts and more!
The spa is very good. I don't think we saw it at it's busiest but it's a nice place to be. The "experience" showers were a little intermitment in their ability to function but the steam room, jet showerheads, and outdoor spa stole the show. Plus you can order a spa side drink to have in the hot tub while you watch a fantastic sunset - it couldn't really be much more relaxing.
We got a half board deal at an excellent price, but I suspect if we had paid full price, we would still be very happy. As we were a little tight for money, we did not have any treatments but again, I don't think you have to have a treatment to enjoy the hotel and spa fully.
We would return in a heartbeat - a beautiful, friendly and relaxing place to be with a very high standard restaurant. Hope this was helpful :)

Date of stay: January 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write such a helpful report on your recent stay with us. We are delighted to see that you had a fantastic time. It is particularly welcoming to see that you enjoyed the ambience of the hotel and spa along with all the little touches you appreciated such as the Dubarry boots, games, magazines, books and room larders. We do hope to see you at Congham again before too long.