The Dukes Head Hotel(King's Lynn)(Great Value!)
$72
  • Restaurant
Andel Lodge(Tottenhill)
$84
$103
$86
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $107/night.

Stuart House Hotel(King's Lynn)
$101
Hotels.com
The Beeches Guest House(King's Lynn)(Great Value!)
$87
Premier Inn Kings Lynn(King's Lynn)(Great Value!)
$81
PremierInn.com
Coach & Horses(Dersingham)
$101
The Ffolkes Hotel(King's Lynn)(Great Value!)
$87
Bank House Hotel(King's Lynn)
$127
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsherb gardenafternoon teahot tubcountry house hotelnespresso machinesteam roomgarden roomcar windscreensconesthe main housewine listbirthday treaton arrivalthree courseslovely groundsmain courselamb
Reviewed July 25, 2014

My friend and I decided to book a last minute mid-week overnight stay at Congham Hall, sharing a lovely twin room (which we had upgraded!) overlooking the front of the property.

We enjoyed a bottle of chilled rosé wine on the patio in the evening sun followed by a sumptuous evening meal in the restaurant.

After a good nights sleep in very comfortable beds, we enjoyed a lovely breakfast followed by a stroll around the wonderful herb garden, which gave us lots of inspiration for garden design and plants.

We then headed off to the spa, which with only the two of us using was like having our own private retreat! After splashing around in the pool and relaxing in the saunas we spoilt ourselves with a couple of beauty treatments.

Our stay at Congham Hall was a wonderful short break, a perfect way to unwind after a busy week at work. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful, the decor calming, homely with a modern twist. We loved the row of Dubarry boots, very stylish and a great idea to invite guests to use when wet outside.

Thank you Congham Hall for a fabulous spa break!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Julie W, General Manager at Congham Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay from which we are delighted to see that you had a fabulous spa break. Lots of guests to head out for the day in the summer and so the ideal time to have the Spa to yourselves for a while. We hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed July 24, 2014

I arrived a little earlier than the advertised room ready check in time. No one to be found at the small reception greeting area. Eventually found a very pleasant member of staff. I requested to have lunch but no tables were free on the outside terrace, I was asked to wait in the reception area. Eventually someone did come and ask me if I would like a drink. A table was found after a short wait and the food was pleasant if not an over emphasis on the delicious chips.
Room was ready 30 minutes after allocated check in time. Beautiful room but on the hottest day of the year NO air conditioning. The requested fan made no difference the room remained stiflingly hot for the 2 days.
I was part of a larger party for dinner and we had pre- ordered our menus. It was so slow to the point if tedious and the waitresses had no idea whose food was which. Having sat down at a little after 8:00 p.m. We did not finish until 11:00 p.m. They appeared grossly understaffed and the staff poorly trained and flustered.
The breakfasts on both days were delicious. The spa is a delight and beautifully designed. Amazingly the room service meal I had the second night was far superior to the restaurant meal and came quickly and was hot.
The decor and ambiance of this hotel are fabulous, but it has a long way to go on service.
I also think in view of all the above it is incredibly overpriced for the rooms.
They are obviously very popular with locals as there were a number of functions being catered for over the weekend. They do need to get their staffing levels and training to match.
The gardens are divine.

Room Tip: I stayed in peony the best garden room offering extremely pleasant and everything you need except air conditioning!
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the trouble to write about your recent stay with us. I’m sorry there didn’t appear to be anyone at reception when you arrived, I expect that the receptionist was just with another guest when you arrived and would have returned within a few minutes. We did experience quite a few hot days this summer, but hardly enough to warrant air-conditioning and some of the very hot days were also very humid; as you will know the garden bedroom in which you stayed was lucky enough to have large French doors. I’m pleased to see that you enjoyed the gardens and the Spa and hope that we might be able to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed July 24, 2014

This hotel just gets better every time we visit. The owner manager and staff could not be more attentive. The food fantastic the rooms clean and we'll furnished. If you need a pampered break this is the place for you.

Stayed: July 2014

Thank you for taking the trouble to write about your recent return visit to Congham. We are delighted to see that you had another great break and appreciated the attentiveness; we really do want our guests to have a great time. We look forward to seeing you again before too long.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

Stayed here for my 30th birthday for 2 nights with 2 year old and a dog (!). The hotel is lovely and quiet, but we didn't feel uneasy bringing the toddler; there were other kids around. The room was in the garden area and was lovely and large, with nice bathroom, overlooking the gardens. The room was supposed to have wifi but we couldn't get a signal.

The pool in the spa was lovely and warm, which we were able to use at certain times with the child. The changing rooms lovely as well.

Breakfast was very nice, not a huge selection but everything was a lovely quality. We ate dinner on one night, but we had to eat "High Tea" as children not allowed in the dining room at night. This was fine, as we often eat early. We could have put the girl to bed and eaten on our own, but didn't feel comfortable with that, although I get the impression others do it.

Lovely hotel for couples wanting a nice peaceful break in the countryside.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the trouble to write about your recent stay with us celebrating your birthday from which we are delighted to see that you enjoyed your break with your family and dog. We dine families with young children in the Library at any time of the evening, it’s only really high tea that is served early and that’s so that parents wishing to dine on their own later have time to put the children to bed beforehand; I’m sorry if there was any confusion about this. We hope to be able to welcome you back to Congham again in the future.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

Some friend treated me to a Spa day and afternoon tea at Congham Hall and it was amazing. All of the staff were lovely and welcoming. They accomodated my dairy intolerance brilliantly and so I didn't feel left out with the lovely afternoon tea.
My Mum and I decided to stay the night and had a beautiful room. Both dinner and breakfast the following morning were delicious and again the staff were really helpful and catered for my dietary requirements brilliantly.
I am only sad we couldn't stay longer! I would definitely recommend the spa and the hotel.
Lovely touch with herbs for sale in the garden too!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent Spa day and overnight stay. I’m pleased to see that you enjoyed your time with us and to hear that we catered well for your dietary needs so that you didn’t miss out! We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.