All reviewsherb gardenafternoon teahot tubnespresso machinecountry house hotelsteam roomgarden roomcar windscreenmacaroonsthe main housewine listsandwichesbirthday treatthree courseslovely groundsmain courselamb
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Some friend treated me to a Spa day and afternoon tea at Congham Hall and it was amazing. All of the staff were lovely and welcoming. They accomodated my dairy intolerance brilliantly and so I didn't feel left out with the lovely afternoon tea.
My Mum and I decided to stay the night and had a beautiful room. Both dinner and breakfast the following morning were delicious and again the staff were really helpful and catered for my dietary requirements brilliantly.
I am only sad we couldn't stay longer! I would definitely recommend the spa and the hotel.
Lovely touch with herbs for sale in the garden too!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Julie W, General Manager at Congham Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent Spa day and overnight stay. I’m pleased to see that you enjoyed your time with us and to hear that we catered well for your dietary needs so that you didn’t miss out! We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

This was a fairly random needle-in-the-map type of choice for a quick weekend away in North Norfolk. What a gorgeous surprise. It's a beautiful Georgian house converted into a hotel. Many of the original features (e.g. kitchen garden) remain and the ambience is lovely.

The food is utterly fresh (salad leaf from the garden) and the spa is small but really very good. The grounds are really special and it's a real treat to be there.

We sat in a hot tub outside talking to some of the other guests while our two year old romped on the lawn. We had breakfast outside, again looking over the very special lawn.

On returning to our car, we found its windscreen had been cleaned by the hotel staff. They also gave us a hotel branded kite. These are the small touches that make Congham Hall stand out.

North Norfolk was a revelation to us - there are hills, so many miles of beautiful roads and gorgeous towns and villages (e.g. Burnham Market). The beaches are breathtaking (Holkham and Brancaster, for example).

We will be back.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank carlrobertwhite
Julie W, General Manager at Congham Hall Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the trouble to write about your recent stay with us; as we said in a previous response, we are so lucky to have such great outdoor space and a beautiful garden which provides so many things for the hotel, such as kitchen produce and flowers. Have fun with the kite and we hope to welcome you back again before too long.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

Our Garden Club group had lunch here and a tour of the herb garden by Philip the Head Gardener.
The lunch was delicious and beautiful, bright surroundings.Fresh herbs from the gardens complimented the dishes and decorated the tables. The staff were friendly and attentive. There will be many of us returning.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the trouble to write about your recent visit for lunch and a garden tour from which we are delighted to see that you all had an enjoyable afternoon. We are very lucky to have such a beautiful garden which provides the hotel with so much of its own produce and I will pass your thanks on to Philip. We look forward to welcoming you all back again in the future.

Reviewed July 10, 2014

My family and I have just returned after another lovely stay at Congham. Lovely clean room, warm welcome and fab dinners. Big thank you to Julie and her super team. The spa was as good as the last visit, and the gardens have loads of space for the children to run around in.

Room Tip: Try the pub round the corner for lunch !
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank TimBrocks

Thank you for taking the time to write about your return visit with your family; we are delighted to see that it was just as lovely the second time round! We are very lucky to have such great outdoor space and a beautiful Spa. We do hope that we will be able to welcome you back to Congham again in the near future.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

I treated my husband to a retirement treat on a Sunday special. We were blessed with wonderful weather which added to to the serenity and peaceful setting. We opted for a more traditional room in the hall (Clover) which had a lovely bathroom and bedroom. The staff were friendly, the spa was wonderful and the food in the evening was excellent. Cannot really fault any of it, it will hold special memories of the beginning of my husband's new chapter in his life. One thing to mention, had pancakes for breakfast with blueberries and bacon, my all time favourite. Thank you for our stay.

Room Tip: We went for the traditional room in the hall as we prefer a little bit of history. V hot in the eve, but once the windows were opened it was fine.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay celebrating your husband’s retirement. We are so pleased that you had a wonderful time here and that Congham will hold special memories for you both; we do hope that we will be able to welcome you back before too long.