“A break away”

Knights Hill Hotel & Spa
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in King's Lynn
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Stayed for 4nights Location perfect for visiting Sandringham and the surrounding area of beautiful Norfolk Room was large an clean .and well furnished .All staff most helpful.Spa on site was used every day , the pub attached to the Hotel was very nice we used several times .

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 22, 2013

We went for a weekend visit and didn't use the spa!
Arrived on the Friday evening at 7pm but was told we couldn't eat till 9pm as we hadn't booked!! We felt that this was too late to eat for us so we ventured down at 830pm and managed to get a table and there were other tables vacant already, so not sure what that was about!
The rooms were lovely and clean and the bed really soft (we heard others mention that their beds we hard) . Perhaps when booking ask for hard or soft. Our room was a garden room with a balcony on the first floor, it was lovely and quiet(there was a wedding going on somewhere but didn't hear a thing) and had some late afternoon sunshine.It was quite a walk from reception though. There was a kettle and various teas, coffee, hot chocolate as well as an iron, ironing board, hairdryer, tv, telephone and a clock/alarm. The bathroom was very clean with a shaving mirror which I used as a makeup mirror, it was so usefull. The shower was lovely too plenty of hot water.There were also mirrors around including a full length one.We had plenty of towels on arrival, the cleaners came on the Saturday and replaced two bath towels and only one hand towel.
There were no lifts but the rooms downstairs had a nice outside area too.
The breakfast was lovely there was cooked, cereal, fruit, cheese and toast. Poached egg and grilled fish could be ordered too very impressive. It was a shame that the dining room could not cater for more people as on the second day we had to queue to get a seat!!
We had reason to use the barn for a meeting and an evening do, it was a lovely room/venue with a bar and good service, both for food and drinks.
We had trouble with the card/key system as mine didn't work at one point then my husbands didn't work and that went on the whole weekend which was a pain when he went out to the car and I went on ahead and couldn't get in)
On the whole a lovely place and good position for attractions such as Sandringham and Hunstanton.
Staff were polite and helpful.
Would benefit from extra seating in the dining room and better key system .

Room Tip: Ask for what sort of bed type if its important to you!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Lovely old brick place but such a shame about the rooms decor-very nineties and not in keeping with building or the times. Room facilities were adequate for our needs but i felt like i should have packed my shoulder pads! On the plus side,we booked for a massage and came away afterwards feeling very relaxed and stress free. Did not have time to use the pool but it looked ok from what we could see. Evening meal was exceptional. Cooked to perfection and we thoroughly enjoyed it in comfortable surroundings with a good glass or two of wine. We ordered room service for breakfast but this was less appealing than the dinner the night before-a little on the cold side. This was a spur of the moment night away and for the money, we were let down with the room but not the food or spa. Some improvement on updating the furniture and furnishings is needed to make this hotel value for money on all aspects. Fine as a one off but would be reluctant to go back for the price they charge i'm afraid.

Room Tip: Expect dated look
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2013

The hotel is very conveniently located close to the main road heading towards Sandringham, it's a very pleasant looking hotel with nice grounds. the public areas are very clean and well furnished (being redecorated during my stay), my room was large, spacious and again well furnished, the room was also spotlessly clean. The bed was excellent, very comfortable and I had two good nights sleep. The staff were pleasant and friendly although on my first night I told a member of the reception staff that I only wanted a light meal and asked if bar meals were available, I was told no only the restaurant is available in the hotel and not mentioning the pub/bar outside in a separate building (it was dark and raining when I arrived and I hadn't noticed it). Finally when I checked out an additional breakfast had been added to my bill. In summary the hotel is nice and I will stay here again but I feel some attention to detail is required by some of the staff.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 19, 2013

On arrival the Hotel looks good, and welcoming, on this trip we had a standard room instead of an executive one, but the standard rooms, are very well furnished, and feel comfortable, so it was fine. The hotel is well situated for KIngs Lynn itself, and also Sandringham, Hunstanton, and Norfolk Lavendar. to mention but a few places.The Hotel is well appointed, and for the money good value.
The Restaurant in the Hotel is fine, they also have a public House just outside on the corner, which can be used instead is required. They have approx nearly eighty rooms, on a 11 acre site.
The main menu could be more varied, which would be good, and to dine in for two nights which we did, is very costly, for what you get. Wines are about right for this Hotel, you would do a lot worse, than sticking to the House wine for the money and value.
English breakfast is fine, the staff particularly in the restaurant are very helpful, and a credit to the Hotel, the Maids cleaning the rooms etc, are very polite and helpful.
For a couple of days this Hotel is fine, but would need a more varied menu for dinner etc for longer stays.
Also because of the number of rooms has a lot of corporate activity going on.
Has a Spar as well.
Yours Paul and Joan Bennett

Room Tip: A Ground floor room near reception are the best
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 17, 2013

OK the breakfast was extra but £ 30 for the double room was excellent.
Check-in was friendly and efficient. Room was spacious and spotlessly clean and the bathroom was very well lit with a magnifying mirror (nice for shaving).
One very slight quibble was that the paintwork round the windows could do with some TLC.
I forgot my swimmers so didn't try the pool or spa.
I didn't have the breakfast at £10 plus so cannot comment.
Location on junction of A148 & A149 was about 4 miles from town centre.
Good value at weekend if in the area
Will stay again

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I have stayed here several times, and will likely return. The first room I had had a patio and a lovely walled in garden. The room had recently been remodeled and was quite roomy. The second room I stayed in was also recently remodeled, not quite as roomy, but very comfortable. The hotel is very conviently located.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
#1 of 1 in Heacham
Globe Hotel
Globe Hotel
#2 of 15 in King's Lynn

Been to Knights Hill Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!