Knights Hill Hotel & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Grange Hotel(King's Lynn)
Tudor Rose(King's Lynn)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Free Internet
  • Restaurant
Globe Hotel(King's Lynn)
  • Restaurant
Stuart House Hotel(King's Lynn)
View Hotel
Bank House Hotel(King's Lynn)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsfarmers armsgarden restaurantthe pubexecutive roomsteam room and saunawestern hotelsswimming poolmain restaurantgood sizeoverlooking the gardenlovely hotelcastle risingground floorweekend breaksandringham estatenorth norfolkstaff were friendly and helpful
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Needed an overnight stay somewhere close to Houghton Hall - where we were viewing the (ex Robert Walpole) art collection on loan from the Hermitage Museum.

We'd booked a 'garden room' and asked for somewhere quiet, when we realised the hotel is poised between two fairly busy roads. Allocated a truly stunning first floor room that had 4 windows on two seperate aspects and french doors out to a small balcony. I didn't think darkest Norfolk ever gets up to 26C - but it was every degree of that and the air from all the open windows / door was life saving.

The decor was extremely fresh in both the room and most of the public areas we utilised. The king size bed was impeccably made (no crinkly bottom sheets here!) and proved to be very comfortable. And there was minimal noise from the local traffic. Well equipped bathroom with a kingsize corner bath and a very efficient separate shower cubicle. Good selection of complimentary toiletries.

We ate in the main restaurant and the evening meal was really good. A steak each. one from the grill menu and one from the main menu, were cooked to perfection. Wine available either by the bottle or a fairly good selection by the glass.

Breakfast was a tale of two halves. Very busy (Bank holiday weekend + wedding guests from the day before) and the service suffered to a small degree. My cooked breakfast was really excellent - but I have had better coffee. But my wife was disappointed that the fruit was mainly tinned when fresh is so available at that time.

However - overall a really good stay. The staff were all very good / the room was really superb (no noise outside and, unusually, none inside) and there was plenty of parking. The Best Western group are really beginning to appeal to us

Room Tip: The garden rooms are large and well appointed. Inevitably they are the more expensive
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Had a night booked in the hotel as a treat for my birthday, because of the attached spa facilities. The room was lovely with a spa bath in the large em suite, although the suite itself was a little dated. Two dining facilities on site their own brasserie and an on site pub, where we chose to eat. Unfortunately my partner ordered a steak and kidney pudding, which appeared to have been microwaved for too long as when he cut into it the bottom was rock solid and put him off eating it. The starter farmer boots was lovely as was my steak. The pudding was removed from our bill and we were given a voucher for 50% off.
Wedding has taken place earlier and reception was being held in one of the rooms and you could here the music but it didn't go on too late.
The attached imagine health club and spa was lovely, with access to the pool, sauna steam room and jacuzzi all available to guests, I was unable to get a treatment on the day of arrival but was lucky enough to get one the following morning, raindrop massage and it was well worth it.
Breakfast was not included but available as a surcharge but I don't think this would put us of coming back again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Here's my pro's and con's:
Pro's: East to find and park, Pleasant staff, Room very clean, Hot + powerful shower, Comfy bed and pillows, good wifi connection, standard breakfast ok,
Lovely sauna, steam room and quiet swimming pool, Beauty treatments available too.
Pretty garden areas, Room had balcony with 2 chairs looking onto garden,
2 restaurants - one pub style whcih was very busy and one more formal style which you needed to book- we didn't eat in so i can't comment on the food.

Con's: noisy from busy roads - but only heard in garden/balcony, not inside room. Some furnishings 'tired' but generally well maintained.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2013

My mum and i stayed here for 2 nights, the hotel isnt in the best location as its on a busy roundabout but the views from rooms with balcony (room 144) are lovely. Room service is really expensive but you can get a nice sandwich 24hours a day.
the rooms were very clean and tidy, lovely decor and staff were all friendly and professional.

overall lovely stay, if you go here make sure you check out "Castle Rising" Castle, Its beautiful and a must see, however you have to pay £4 to go inside!

Room Tip: we stayed in rooms 144/143 both good view and large balcony
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I booked this for one night as a birthday treat. It's location is not amazing, being next to a busy roundabout, but the bedrooms are well set back from the road with very nice grounds. I wasn't interested in the location as we just wanted a night away from the kids and had no intention of leaving the grounds. The room was a standard one, but I found it really luxurious. It was a really good size with a desk and chair, large comfortable bed, cosy chairs and table, and a small balcony. Immaculate bathroom was lovely too. We enjoyed a swim in the pool, and there is also a jacuzzi, steam room and sauna, unfortunately a mum with several over-excited kids were also using the facilities, (I have four of my own and this was a night I was hoping to escape from kids) but there's not much you can do about that.
The restaurant was lovely and the breakfast in the morning was really fabulous, I didn't have to eat again until late afternoon!
I loved it so much I have booked to go back again this October, can't wait!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple