“Just gets better and better”

Marriott's Warehouse
Ranked #3 of 196 Restaurants in King's Lynn
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Cafe, Restaurant and Bar in a sixteenth century warehouse on King's Lynn's riverside. Fresh, local food and good company every day.
Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

This is my third time visiting the marriotts and I have to say It has to be the best place to eat in Lynn, I had the stroganoff and it was full of flavour the beef was nice and tendure and full of flavour the owners and the head chef surely no what they are doing, I can see this place being the place to eat in kings lynn in the next coming summer.

1  Thank Mark L
MarriottsWarehouse, Owner at Marriott's Warehouse, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Dear MarkL
thanks for your latest review on Marriott's Warehouse , we are pleased you enjoyed your 3rd visit as much as your previous 2 !
The Beef Stroganoff is a new addition to our winter menu and as you point out is very popular due to its flavour and quality of meat used .
We hope to see you again soon
kindest regards
Marriott's Warehouse

Reviewed November 4, 2013

We visited this restaurant recently but just for a morning coffee. We were asked if we wanted to sit in the restaurant or in the lounge upstairs. We chose to sit upstairs where they have a fascinating exhibition of model buildings that exist or did exist in Kings Lynn and large comfortable settees. Staff were friendly and they served good coffee.

Dear Wanderer191255
Thank you for taking the time to review Marriott's Warehouse after your recent visit.
We are pleased you were looked after and you enjoyed your coffee and views of the river .
Hopefully we will see you in the future at Marriott's on your next visit to King's Lynn.
kindest regards
Marriott's warehouse

Reviewed November 2, 2013

My wife and I visited Marriots with six friends, none of us had been before so did not know what to expect, although we had read the reveiws on Trip Advisor and as we all live locally we know the area well. We were taken upstairs for a pre dinner drink as the downstairs was full up and our table was not ready. Although it was a nice area to sit upstairs it was very noisy being immediately above a full restaurant and also quite cold. We ordered our drinks which were a long time coming and and the order was incomplete and we had to wait quite a while for the final drink to arrive.We were eventually brought menus but had to ask for the wine list. After we had ordered and had our drinks we were pleased to be shown to our table as we were all getting cold. Our table was at the front near a door, and before we could all sit down we had to move the table along and one of the ladies had to sit at the end of the table as there was not enough room for her to sit along the side, not a big problem but one that should have been foreseen by the waiting staff and rectified before showing us to the table. I sat with my back to a very draughty door and by the end of the meal I was uncomfortably cold in fact I was bloody freezing. The starters were served promptly my bruschetta and goats cheese was very nice. For a main I had ordered the Anti Pasti which is a starter to share but I asked for it to be served as my main. All the other hot meals we served and were pronounced to be delicious, but unfortunately my main course had been forgotten, so I had to sit and watch my friends eat their hot food whilst my cold meal was prepared. When my food did arrive it was ok. None of wanted a pudding , so we went back upstairs for coffee in the vain hope it would be a bit warmer upstairs, but no it was just as cold but not as draughty. We had our coffee and paid the bill, which was quite reasonable. We all agreed that we would not come again during the winter months due to the cold and draughts. Whilst I appreciate it is an old historic building and the beams an olde worlde look make it an attractive venue, I personaly do no not wish to dine in a cold and draughty old warehouse in the winter months. I would return to give it another chance in the summer, but would come with just my wife and hope that thee service would be better and hopefully warm and cosy.

MarriottsWarehouse, Owner at Marriott's Warehouse, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2013

Dear FenmanCambridge thank you for taking the time to review a very chilly visit to Marriott's House . We are very pleased that the other 7 diners in your party found their meals delicious but are very disappointed as owners that you had issues with the service and failure of our staff to miss a main course from the order and a pre dinner drink from your selection which is totally unacceptable . I have asked our staff to find some explanations for our failure this evening immediately . As for the heating we as a business have been let down severely by our landlords and this will not happen again ! We are situated in a 15th century building which we love immensely but does give us problems . The draughts from the doors are being dealt with and we have constructed glass screens behind the main doors to protect diners from the elements associated with being situated on the waterfront . The building is normally quite cozy and the heating failure was beyond our control , but we on this occasion have let you and your guests down for which we are very sorry . Finally the atmosphere is vibrant and the acoustics of the building are not always as we would like but a busy venue in King's Lynn as you are local must be good for the town. Hopefully you will visit us again before the summer as the heating has been repaired and we are warm and cozy for the winter ahead !
Kindest Regards Marriott's Warehouse

Reviewed November 1, 2013

My wife and i came to this restaurant on a Saturday night in October, in the trade we tell people not to dine out on a Saturday if you want the best in food and service,this was proved wrong, the restaurant was very busy and i though that the service would slip, but no,in fact i can only say that the staff were very good. The menu was just the right size in the amount of dishes that they offered, nice to see a menu that has not got 50 dishes on offer, what they do they do very well, My wife and i enjoyed the three courses that we ordered, also a small but well thought out wine list, Kings lynn is very short of good restaurants,sorry to say you can count them on one hand, well done to them, and well done Marriott's

Dear KingsLynnPiker
Thank you for your recent review on tripadvisor .
We are always keen to know what customers think of our menu and we seemed to have hit the spot with yourselves . Our offering is predominantly produced from local seasonal ingredients which we believe is appropriate for such a wealth of local farmers and growers . We have great pleasure in choosing our specials every week as it allows our chefs to express their individual flair when we select what is in season at time. It is also pleasing that our service level on your visit was to your liking as we have all worked very hard with lots of highs and lows over the last 6 months!
We are well aware that we have still a long way to go but feel we are moving in the right direction .
Thanks again for your kind comments and we hope you visit us again in the near future ,
kindest regards Marriott's Warehouse

Reviewed October 31, 2013

My wife and I are coming to the end of a four day break in Norfolk, we have been to Marriott's Warehouse three times, once for morning coffee and twice for evening meals. A great place to go. Impressive building with motivated young staff and just as important, locally sourced producers provide the ingredients for a interesting and varied menu. Well worth a visit.

Dear DavebAmersham
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on tripadvisor after your recent "vists" to our restaurant !
We are very encouraged that you enjoyed the whole experience of visiting Marriott's Warehouse on your recent visit to Norfolk . We are very proud of our fantastic building and historic town which is often overlooked when people visit Norfolk.
Our young team are very enthusiastic and as a management team we in turn are very proud of them. Thanks also for your comments regarding our use of local producers which is at the whole core of how we put together our menu which is seasonal .Hopefully you will return to Norfolk in the not to distant future and visit us again .
Kindest regards Marriott's Warehouse