“The Crown Middleton”

Ranked #135 of 196 Restaurants in King's Lynn
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Visited the Crown, as I do quite frequently. We like the atmosphere, friendliness and attitude of the staff in particular the manager. This time we took relatives who were visiting the area. Food was very good as always. However this was spoilt by the service received, there was a certain lack of energy from the person who served us, she seemed very apathetic in general. Apparently she is the new manager, the previous one having left.
Great shame because the other lady was a great Mein Host, as I say food was excellent but service has gone downhill from last visits

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Whist staying in kings lynn, we visited the crown after reading reviews on trip advisor and we were not disappointed .
Nice decor,friendly staff ,good choice reasonably priced menu & excellent freshly cooked food.
Would recommend a visit for lunch or dinner if in the area.

Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

I chose The Crown Inn to meet up for lunch with my friends who live in the area because I was staying near Stamford in Lincolnshire this particular week and it was convenient for me to drive to. It also had good reviews in TripAdvisor. We were not disappointed. The menu was not overcrowded with lots of dishes but concentrated instead on quality, cooked to order food.
I chose a ribeye steak topped with a chicken breast coated in a spicy, piquant marinade. The steak was cooked exactly to my liking and the accompanying salad and jacket potato (there was a choice of chips and vegetables if preferred) was well presented and delicious.
My friends chose other items from the menu and were equally happy with the food. Not a "lite bite" type of menu although there was a number of lighter dishes available but good value for money and excellent, friendly service.
If you don't want all the hassle of driving to and parking in the centre of Kings Lynn to enjoy a good lunch or dinner, then this is for you only a couple of miles outside the town.

1  Thank GeezeeDevon
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Set on a village green, this lovely restaurant/hotel is very contemporary in decor and the menu varied. Although we only went for the fish and chips it was wonderful with great service and staff second to none.

1  Thank georgina_daniels
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Nice food and friendly staff. Good prices and plenty of choice. I have eaten here many times and love the homely atmosphere.

2  Thank sod25