“A Hidden Treasure”
Review of Molly's Den

Molly's Den
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in King's Lynn
Molly's Den
Ripon, United Kingdom
“A Hidden Treasure”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

My wife found Molly's Den through an internet search. She has always wanted to spend time exploring Norfolk, not having been there for many years, and a trip away over her Birthday seemed the ideal time. Molly's Den is a delight, as are the hosts Alistair and Judy. I appreciate the way they have gone about bringing the Molly's Den experience together. Who hasn't stayed in self catering accommodation and said 'if I was running this business I would..............!' Well, Alistair and Judy have! Pretty much whatever you can think of to make your stay hassle free, with quality the watchword; right down to the welcome basket; organic butter and a wonderfully fresh multi grain loaf. I don't eat that well at home! Tea and coffee were provided and so was fresh coffee to use with the cafetiere. Forgotten the cooking oil....Don't worry, A & J have thought of it! The accommodation is clean, well decorated, warm and very, very comfortable.
On arrival we were met by Alistair and Judy; given a guided tour around the Den and loads of good advice on where to eat, drink, walk and swim (in February? I don't think so!). You don't have to take notes. There is a very helpful binder with all you want to know and loads of tourist bumph to browse through.
The best test is would we go again? Already checking the vacancies on the website. Go on. Book. You won't be disappointed, I promise you.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank James S

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Nice and quaint and done the job it had all the amenities that were required in the property .the location is quite secluded and off the beaten track but you would struggle if the weather was bad .the interior is contemporary and modern with the rules of a school mistress but to get away from the hustle and bustle of life it is a change for the better

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 26, 2012

An immaculate cozy hidaway; and beautifully situated being close to Sandringham and the Norfolk coast and villages. We found Molly's Den ideally suited, giving us a relaxing and quite break whilst we explored a great part of England

Room Tip: Book early!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Ipswich, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I've just returned from a long weekend at Molly's Den with my sister. The cottage is as good if not better than it looks in the advert and is in a lovely peaceful location. It is comfortably furnished with lots of nice touches - everything has been thought of. Reasonably priced, quality accommodation suitable for two single people is hard to find and this is perfect as it has twin single beds (but couples shouldn‘t be put off as pushed together they make an excellent large
double). There are plenty of good eating places nearby but if you're thinking of cooking for yourselves the kitchen is very well equipped. Molly‘s Den is very well located for walking along the north Norfolk coast and the Coasthopper bus means you can pick a starting point, walk until you've had enough and then bus back to your car. There is a friendly local pub just round the corner from the cottage if you fancy going out for a drink or two at the end of a long day's walking (and torches are provided so you can find your way if it's dark!). Alistair and Judy are perfect hosts with a wealth of local knowledge - thanks to them we even managed to see some seals! Judging by all the comments in their guest book the one and only mediocre online review was an unlucky one-off. We‘re definitely looking forward to returning to stay with Alistair and Judy again next year and wouldn‘t hesitate to recommend Molly‘s Den to anyone looking for a comfortable, peaceful, well-located, friendly and professionally run cottage.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Poynton
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Molly's Den is tucked away in a beautiful corner of England. It's quiet and an ideal staging post for excursions to the North Norfolk area. The property itself is immaculate throughout and absolutely perfect for couples. Everything is well-placed and easy to find and use. The beds are very comfortable and the bedroom a joy to wake up to in the morning as it's such a beautiful room. There are plenty of things to keep you occupied should it be a rainy day. We highly recommend this new haunt (to us) and you will not be disappointed. The hosts - Alistair & Judy - really looked after us well and we look forward to coming back soon.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Glenn L
Worle, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I had found Molly's Den on the internet, and by looking at the images and reviews on the website I thought this would be an ideal place for me and my partners first holiday together. Communication was so friendly and felt welcoming, so I couldn't wait to get there. Oddly though less than a week before our stay I received an email from the owners telling me they would be moving out during our stay and another couple would be moving in (who would also be running the 'den' business). I was a bit dubious as it was rather late notice, and we may have reconsidered staying if we had advanced knowledge of this.

On arrival we were quickly shown in, but as the current family were packing up ready to move it felt far from the warm welcome that had been described.

The 'den' itself was extremely clean, but our only issues were that the private courtyard described was positioned next to the main entrance of the owners adjoining property, and with all of the windows opening onto the pebbled parking area, we felt like we were in a goldfish bowl and kept the curtains closed for privacy whilst the moving in and out was going on.

A few days in the new couple moved in, who seemed to have no knowledge of the area. The door separating the dens living room and owners house was personally too thin, and with the new couple moving in we could hear murmered talking through it, as we think this was designated as the office. We were also disturbed by their dog barking on occasions. One evening we had a knock on the door asking if he could look behind our fridge to look at the wires as they were having issues, and he asked when we would be out the next day so he could take a proper look. For this holiday we had hoped for random trips out and if the weather was bad...to stay in, but we had to force ourselves to stay out so we didn't disturb them. I felt this was inappropriate, as even if this was a rented house owners have to give notice, let alone a tranquil holiday setting we had been sold.

If the stay had been with the previous owners, we would have raised these issues. I felt we could not expect any money back for the disturbed holiday as the original owners were paid the money who had nothing to do with the property anymore. I never expected such a perfect image of a holiday to be such a let down. Think maybe they should have kept the week we booked free for the move, rather than take the money and put people through that.

***UPDATE***

I decided to email the above issues to the new owners to inform them of the noise and disturbances throughout our break. I received an email back very quickly, apologising for the experience. I explained in the email that the lack of information given to us was not their fault but the old owners, and even though the fee for our stay assumingly went to them, we still received a very sincere apology and an offer of a free three night stay to take with them before next Easter to receive a better experience now that they were settled. We are now booked in for an October break. I found even though they were not at fault for the majority of the issues, they still went out of their way to rectify this even when they did not need to

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank EmmaKate-1985
Shropshire
Reviewed April 4, 2012

This was our first trip to Norfolk and I don't think we could have found a better place to stay. Sometimes you worry about what your accommodation will be like, Molly's Den dispels every concern. The two story cottage is attached to the owners house, but is completely independent, it even has its own little courtyard complete with garden seat (we even found the cushions just inside the door).
A very warm welcome from the owner and a small welcome pack waiting for us. They have made such clever use of the space. The downstairs has a very well equipped kitchen, a beautifully tiled toilet and shower and a very comfy lounge area. Upstairs is a wonderful, spacious double bedroom.
We used the cottage as a centre for a birding holiday which was excellent. After wonderful day out it was so nice to return Molly's Den.
Extra touches? Well, good Wifi connection, extensive library of books and DVDs, decent size TV and oh must not forget the thickest towels I seen!

We were very impress with our five day break in Norfolk and there is no doubt in my mind that the super accommodation provided by Molly's Den played a big part in our memorable holiday.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple